Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Sage making things wacky?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Crystals & Herbs


 
MrMorganCooper  MrMorganCooper is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2015
Location: East Point, GA, USA
Posts: 7
MrMorganCooper 
Resident
Sage making things wacky?


I'm on an out of town work trip. My boss fancies herself a bit of a psychic, but that is not the feeling that I get from her. In fact, she has come up for me in a Tarot reading as the Queen of Swords--which is fitting for her, and not what I would associate with someone who is really in touch with the spiritual world.

Anyway, she has been burning sage in her hotel room, in and around our vehicle, over me, etc. I have no objection to this, but it is not something I do, nor is it something I claim to understand.

Last night, she asked if she could come burn sage in my room. My intuition said it was not needed, and I told her that I didn't think it was necessary. However, she didn't seem to want to let it go, and I thought that perhaps just letting her feel like she was in charge would be agreeable to her psyche, so I relented.

I have been resting fine in the evenings until last night. I did not awake as refreshed as normal and when I awoke it was apparent that I had been twisting and turning in the bed. When I tried to do a Tarot reading this morning, everything just felt "off" for lack of a better word.

Everything I have read about sage seems to suggest that it removes negative energy. Is it possible however that it can throw things "out of whack?"

Does anyone have any insight on what could be going on here?
Top   #1
violetdaisy's Avatar
violetdaisy  violetdaisy is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 May 2015
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 749
violetdaisy 
Citizen

violetdaisy's Avatar

You actually may have hit on the problem in your description of the situation. You let her do it to help her psyche. Instead of being interested genuinely in your energies and that you are meshing with your surroundings just fine. Intent has a lot to do with effect. If her intent was off (which it sounds like it was because she was doing it to make herself feel better) then the energy will be off and the result will be off..

I suggest doing a positive affirmation, prayer, blessing or something out loud a few times with your intention being clear and focused on what you need no special tools needed.
Top   #2
Yelell  Yelell is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 May 2015
Location: .
Posts: 603
Yelell 
Citizen

I doubt it's the sage itself. If a boss was insisting on burning sage over my person and my room when I didn't really want that, I'd feel negative energy too. That's just intrusive and would make me uncomfortable.
Top   #3
jolie_amethyst  jolie_amethyst is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Mar 2014
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 1,053
jolie_amethyst 
Citizen

Given just how many excellent psychic Queen of Swords Tarot readers reside on this forum, you may want to reconsider your personal bias on that subject. There is no reason she cannot be psychic just because she presents predominant Q/Swords traits.

That said, your boss sounds like she's quite the pain in the *** at the moment. While I don't believe that the sage would change the energies in the room to anything negative or off kilter, I do think you were mentally put off by her insisting on it, and every bit of it you breathed in reminded your subconscious of her overstepping your boundaries, which you (justifiably) resented. Scents are extremely evocative. That, in turn, gave you a bad night and the result was a bad morning, as so often follows!

Next time, don't give in. Tell her that the sage made you somewhat ill (which is not far from the truth), and in the interests of getting a good night's sleep so as to be ready for work the next day, you'll have to decline.
Top   #4
Apollonia's Avatar
Apollonia  Apollonia is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2004
Location: Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2,625
Apollonia 
Citizen

Apollonia's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie_amethyst View Post
Given just how many excellent psychic Queen of Swords Tarot readers reside on this forum, you may want to reconsider your personal bias on that subject. There is no reason she cannot be psychic just because she presents predominant Q/Swords traits.
Speaking as a Queen of Swords who is a (professional) psychic, medium, shamanic practitioner, Reiki practitioner and more, It was pretty startling to read that we aren't in touch with the spiritual world. Thank you, jolie_amethyst, for stepping up to defend us QoSs!

(P.S. My spirit guide Sophia got a big kick out of the OP's statement.)
Top   #5
DesertDream's Avatar
DesertDream  DesertDream is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Jul 2015
Location: America
Posts: 876
DesertDream 
Citizen

DesertDream's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMorganCooper View Post
I'm on an out of town work trip. My boss fancies herself a bit of a psychic, but that is not the feeling that I get from her. In fact, she has come up for me in a Tarot reading as the Queen of Swords--which is fitting for her, and not what I would associate with someone who is really in touch with the spiritual world.
Thats just a tad to boxed in for the Courts in the tarot. My mother can be very psychic and she is a QoS Libra. I fit the bill perfectly for a QoC but my sun or moon sign is not water signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMorganCooper View Post
When I tried to do a Tarot reading this morning, everything just felt "off" for lack of a better word.

Everything I have read about sage seems to suggest that it removes negative energy. Is it possible however that it can throw things "out of whack?"

Does anyone have any insight on what could be going on here?
Interesting you say this becase the last time i cleansed my cards they felt off and harder to read. But even if people dont believe in sage it does for a fact release negative ions into the air which are very beneficial for our health, though I prefer salt lamps . Last time before last i set them in the sun and that helped. They felt cleared charged and had a bright zing to them. Maybe since i didnt put them in sunlight they diidnt have tje same effect? Idk. My cards feel harder to read now and more maybe not accuracte?? But they are so far accurate for who i read. Idk maybe its not a bad thing maybe i just nade them have a different energy. I used sage holy oil and prayer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by violetdaisy View Post
You actually may have hit on the problem in your description of the situation. You let her do it to help her psyche. Instead of being interested genuinely in your energies and that you are meshing with your surroundings just fine. Intent has a lot to do with effect. If her intent was off (which it sounds like it was because she was doing it to make herself feel better) then the energy will be off and the result will be off..

I suggest doing a positive affirmation, prayer, blessing or something out loud a few times with your intention being clear and focused on what you need no special tools needed.
Sage is good i think but maybe she was mucking up the place with her ego energy and did not have the right intention to clear a room. When you clear something you must always welcome Spirit because lower enities like to come back to a place swept clean when its not repkaced by Spirit as the bible says.
Top   #6
MrMorganCooper  MrMorganCooper is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2015
Location: East Point, GA, USA
Posts: 7
MrMorganCooper 
Resident

I appreciate everyone's responses!

I certainly do not want to imply that anyone here is not in touch with something that I feel I am barely in touch with myself. Much to the opposite, I come here for guidance and insight on the subject. I appreciate you kind folks calling me out on my limited interpretation of the card.

When I saw the Queen of Swords, I interpreted it to mean to prepare myself for her always "knowing what's best" and wanting to be in control of everything. I certainly understand that this is not the only description of what the Queen of Swords is, and that I am focusing here on the negative qualities of the card. (I also accept that I could be totally off base.) That said, it does seem for me that this idea has borne itself to be true. She has changed the windshield wiper speed while I am driving because it wasn't going at the right pace, criticized my selections of what to eat as not ideal, told me that the shoes I am wearing are not good for me, etc. etc. I am certainly not saying that every Queen of Swords exemplifies this behavior, but does this type of behavior not fall within the negative realm of the Queen of Swords? I realize now, that this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with psychic energy, but this sort of behavior does not make me think of a healer--which is what I imagine that she thinks of herself as.

Some additional information :When I got on the elevator with her this morning, she said "oh! I am so hungover!" I can't imagine her being drunk would be conducive to the proper use of sage. I think I will politely decline the next time she offers something that I do not want.
Top   #7
jolie_amethyst  jolie_amethyst is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Mar 2014
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 1,053
jolie_amethyst 
Citizen

Just a heads up from my husband: What your boss is doing with regards to insisting on smudging your room is almost certainly a violation as far as HR is concerned, by forcing you to comply with her religious/spiritual beliefs rather than your own. This may also violate religious protection acts in your state or at the federal level. What you choose to do with that is up to you. Personally, I'd start researching my rights.

On the Tarot side of things: The type of behavior you describe in your most recent post, I've seen in the negative side of the Queen of Pentacles and Queen of Wands and Queen of Cups too. It's all in where the root of the behavior lies.

Regardless, I'll reiterate it: any person resembling any court card type, positive or negative, can possess any talents or traits, whether or not they appear that way to you personally--because real flesh and blood people are not one dimensional the way court cards are. They may not be strong talents, they may not be "spiritual" as per your own personal bias (and EVERYONE has a bias of some form around that subject), but that doesn't make those abilities any less valid. She may very well perceive something you don't, and to insist that someone displaying the negative qualities she's shown cannot possibly be a "healer", or "spiritual", or what have you, is to interpret court cards with a very shallow understanding of the depth of Tarot. If you continue to overgeneralize her behavior type as that of one specific card only, that is sure to affect your ability to read the cards going forward, because you will miss many nuances that way. People are not as black and white as a court card, any more than everyone wearing scrubs in your local hospital is a brain surgeon. Bias of that sort will trip you up in readings--for example, drawing a Queen of Swords regarding this trip could very well indicate that YOU need to channel those energies yourself, by being bluntly honest about your boss' overuse of sage. Or carefully diplomatic--this Queen is capable of both.

From a strictly Queen of Swords cold hard logic perspective: it's not the sage itself that was the problem. As I said earlier, I'd tell her something like it's giving you a headache and ask that it stop in your presence. If you're not in a position where you think you can stand up to her right now, then let her do what she wants, thank her, shut the door, and do a ritual of your own to ground yourself and remove any negative energy that affects you or your space. Or just open the window and get some fresh air.

But I agree with my husband: your boss' behavior with smudging IS violating your own right to religious freedom as practiced in the US. You might want to give that some thought and decide how you want to handle that once this trip is over.

Best of luck to you!
~jolie
Top   #8
Disa's Avatar
Disa  Disa is offline
The last in line
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2006
Location: Moon Gazing: Georgia, USA
Posts: 6,150
Disa 
The last in line

Disa's Avatar

I also identify as a queen of swords type more than any other court card. I agree with others that it probably isn't the sage itself that is the problem, but the intent behind it's use. Your boss trying to control the situation is infringing on your rights, or at least your personal space and I can see how that would cause ill feelings no matter what she was burning. I could see how the mixed vibes (or battle of wills) would make the space seem wacky.

Sage does make some people feel sick, though and some people just don't like the smell of it.
Top   #9
celticnoodle's Avatar
celticnoodle  celticnoodle is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 29,152
celticnoodle 
Citizen

celticnoodle's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie_amethyst View Post
Given just how many excellent psychic Queen of Swords Tarot readers reside on this forum, you may want to reconsider your personal bias on that subject. There is no reason she cannot be psychic just because she presents predominant Q/Swords traits.

That said, your boss sounds like she's quite the pain in the *** at the moment.
ROFL! jolie, you make me laugh--but I have to agree with you on this too. I was thinking the same thing.


I also was going to suggest that perhaps it was the aroma. Burning sage bothers me and so I never do it anymore. I tried it once or twice and that was enough for me. I even grew my own sage for this purpose--but the scent makes me sick to my stomach.

I do think also that you should stand your ground with her from now on as has been mentioned and not allow her to do this if she asks you again.
Top   #10


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.