King Wands as action - does he act towards you or look out for his interests only?

Ruby Jewel

Isn't that more the Knight?

Hi Nisaba, I have a feeling it applies to both. I worked for a Sag and a Leo for 8 years (Knight and King, respectively) and lived with a Leo for 15 years. They both have a lot of charisma and appeal, but were far from disdaining trickery if it served their purpose. Not only that, but it can get "down and dirty" if you piss them off. I'm an Aries, so we have somewhat of a "mutual admiration society" going, but I have decided I will pass on both in the future when it comes to living with them. I find them both quite self-serving. The timeline for their response being a good example of that.....ie, "whenever "I" feel like it." What happened to courtesy, consideration....and even "thank you" or I'm sorry".....those words are not in their vocabulary.

Thirteen

Hi Nisaba, I have a feeling it applies to both. I worked for a Sag and a Leo for 8 years (Knight and King, respectively) and lived with a Leo for 15 years...I'm an Aries
So you were the Queen in this "Wands" trifecta? :D

Thirteen

My first sense that the person was going to act in some way, given its a King and fire energy but I get a feeling that the King looks out for himself.
You're presenting this as either/or. Kings certainly have powerful egos (they are Kings) and therefore a lot of self-interest. Especially a King of Wands who revels in attention and being the headliner star of the show. But none of the Kings could be Kings if they're insecure and uncertain of themselves, or didn't believe their wants right and worth satisfying.

But as Kings (presumably good ones, not ill-dignified), their kingdom and all it's citizenry matter to them. Maybe because they see it as an extension of themselves, but still. They want it to thrive and be well run. They take it personally if it's not doing well or being harmed. And solving the problems of the kingdom and all who live there...that's what they see as their job. This would be especially true of the King/Wands (as compared to the Knight/Wands) who takes a great deal of pride in his kingdom.

So, the two aren't mutually exclusive. His actions can be to help you--and to his mind he might feel he's being kind, generous, a good friend, etc.--yet also satisfy his own interests (which he'll pretend not to notice) ;)

Grizabella

Donald Trump is a very good example of the reversed King of Wands, if you ever wonder what the card reversed means.

But Wands are fire cards which means they generate a warmth and have an attraction for people to be near them. They don't necessarily have to take any action toward someone else because that someone is so attracted toward them.

Ruby Jewel

So you were the Queen in this "Wands" trifecta? :D

You got it....hit the nail right on the head. But, there is still more "eye openings" I am getting these days. I think the eclipse on my Pisces ascendant last March has hit me on the head as well (laugh). The way I see it is that my Aquarius Mars (ie, Queen of Swords) in the 12th house of "self-undoing" conjunct/combust the "Dragon's Tail" ....all conjunct the ascendant and the eclipse..... is telling me to give up the Aries ego and lay down the Aquarius Queen's sword .... but even so, putting two fire signs in the same house....and one with a stellium in Gemini in the 3rd house, and a Gemini moon in the 4th house (me), and him with 6 Leo planets in the 7th house (venus conjunct them all, no less!!) then all of those planets opposed by Pluto with a Capricorn rising.....the explosions are...well, you can figure it out as no doubt you know astrology. ....the so-called "perfect couple" (ie, Jennifer Garner, Aries, and Ben Affleck, Leo) are not as perfect as they appear to be. So much depends on astrological configurations and aspects. The really ridiculous thing is that when we are apart we become the best of friends..

Ruby Jewel

My experience of the King of Wands is that they do very much care about "humanity"..... and strive diligently to serve humanity in a beautiful way. All one need do is sit back and watch how people are instinctively drawn to them....and the compassion they extend back. It is truly beautiful. That is when they are at their best....and their best is as good as it gets. It is when one puts them into the category of the "common man" with the basic conditions it takes to relate on an equal level and often with a different definition of what actually matters on the mundane level ....which is a big challenge to the "I" factor...... that the lion bares its teeth.