Reversed Hierophant for "Advice"

Laurelle

Thank you! I suppose I've always thought of The Hierophant as representing structure and tradition... like some have said here on the forums more of an "institution" than an actual person, or perhaps a school of thought. I have never personally reacted well to authority, even well-meaning authority, so I guess I've never really been able to wrap my head around the concept or been very comfortable with it. To a lesser extent I also see it as a card that represents religion, but not necessarily spirituality, though I could be wrong on that end.

That is the general exoteric meaning of the Hierophant, but there was occult information hidden in that card. So on an esoteric level it means something completely different. As a reversed card is indicates that you haven't gotten the message yet.

The authority is actually coming from the higher source. It doesn't come from the Hierophant, the Hierophant is merely the channel... So if you are having trouble with "authority" you should go back to the Chariot and understand the concept of One-Will.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Per the UTC Posting Rules up to HALF of the cards from a reading may be listed or discussed in this forum. Complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings. And, as has been pointed out, Aeclectic is a learning forum, so posters must provide interpretations for all cards they list. Unfortunately, this thread slipped past my and Thirteen's radar before people started responding to it. It appears that the thread starter has received the answers she was looking for so moving this to Your Readings wouldn't accomplish anything. Instead this thread is being locked. If the thread starter wishes to continue this discussion, please PM me or Thirteen so that the thread can be reopened and moved to Your Readings.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards