Vision Quest - VIII Balance

Soaring Eagle

Description:
A woman stands on the rocks in front of a spring with a water jug balanced upon her head. Three dragonflies swarm around her. The woman is clearly meditating, and maintaining the jug perfectly balanced on her head. She maintains a perfect balance on the rocks upon which she is standing. It is important to maintain balance in our life.

Significant Details:
The woman, while keeping her eyes closed, maintains perfect balance while balancing a water jug upon her head. The dragonflies represent life events that are attracted to this harmonious balance; events that seek the balance and harmony necessary for resolution. The mountains in the background are proof of her climb. She had to maintain her commitment and determintation to make such a high climb. Only by looking within ourselves can we find harmony and balance in our lives.

My Interpretation:
You can only benefit by maintaining a balanced control of your life and spirituality. Do not make hasty decisions right now, look inside yourself for the answers. Being confident in oneself allows you to recognize illusions, mistruths, for what they are.

jaj

Her eyes are closed. She seeks within. The outer world is coming into beauty and peace, and so we know that she communes with the divine.

There are 3 dragonflies around her. What is their message? Dragonflies are some of the fastest insects in the world. Some observers have clocked speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. For some Native American tribes, dragonflies represent swiftness and activity, and for the Navajo they symbolize pure water, as their larvae are aquatic beings. Both meanings can work here. In the pure, still waters of divine communion, the real work is done. Time and space become malleable. Parking spaces open. Traffic seems choreographed to my needs. I wake up and realize an answer to a question. Special animals show themselves: a cougar, a hawk, a dolphin with her baby, a turtle, a butterfly, some deer. Maybe the 'impossible' speeds of the dragonflies are the 'impossible' miracles that occur as we learn to cooperate with the divine.

The still center is my power. The closer I stay to my center, the less effort the outer world requires.

Soaring Eagle

The still center is my power. The closer I stay to my center, the less effort the outer world requires.

I like that. She does seem to say exactly that. It's nice to have someone else's views on the cards.

Soaring Eagle

Her eyes are closed. She seeks within. The outer world is coming into beauty and peace, and so we know that she communes with the divine.

There are 3 dragonflies around her. What is their message? Dragonflies are some of the fastest insects in the world. Some observers have clocked speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. For some Native American tribes, dragonflies represent swiftness and activity, and for the Navajo they symbolize pure water, as their larvae are aquatic beings. Both meanings can work here. In the pure, still waters of divine communion, the real work is done. Time and space become malleable. Parking spaces open. Traffic seems choreographed to my needs. I wake up and realize an answer to a question. Special animals show themselves: a cougar, a hawk, a dolphin with her baby, a turtle, a butterfly, some deer. Maybe the 'impossible' speeds of the dragonflies are the 'impossible' miracles that occur as we learn to cooperate with the divine.

After looking this up, the dragonflies represent "messengers". Are they bringing her a message? Or is she sending a message?

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference:Change, rebirth, regeneration, reevaluate

Keywords*: Looking within, stillness, equilibrium, refraining from choosing, waiting, not insisting on anything, change, transformation, recognizing illusions

Inner message*: When this card comes to you, it is a sign to step back and look within. Sometimes we become so overwhelmed, we must withdraw to regroup. To regain your inner equilibrium becomes imperative now. Your inner being urges you to shigt from “doing it” to “letting it be”. Don’t worry about the consequences. Consciously letting go is the key to all wisdom. Only in complete relaxation will you realize what is real and what is illusory. Physical and psychological relaxation will reveal both, your old patterns and the solution to your problems. In this state you effortlessly regain your balance, your natural centering.

Outer message*: This is not the time to start something new. Make room for a life-review. To see clearly, you need to be still and look inside. As soon as you become more quiet mentally, your outer activities diminish on their own. Much more energy will become available to you then, and this energy will clarify why certain things have turned out the way they have. It is in your best interest to wait and be very patient with yourself now.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why does it say in the booklet that the card relates to Temperance and Justice?

My Interpretation: Balance is something that one must have. In this busy world, we often forget to stop to listen to the still voice from within. Listening to it is key to finding happiness, as well as finding answers. This card asks you to be alone for a day, or even few hours, to get in touch with your Spirit. This will help you find the answers you seek.

After looking this up, the dragonflies represent "messengers". Are they bringing her a message? Or is she sending a message?

I think she's looking within to receive a message from the messengers. Once she has received what she needs to know, she can pass it forward.

Soaring Eagle

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why does it say in the booklet that the card relates to Temperance and Justice?

QUOTE]

I think it is because Temperance and Justice also require balance. Justice can not be fair if there is no balance.