Horary Astrology

Minderwiz

OK so I'll start with your question and Lunalafey's when it is ready.

I'm aiming to do maybe two or three in a week, depending on work load. so I'll try and do these within the next week.

lunalafey

Minderwiz said:

Can you give me some basic details on the deal and your present concerns- simply so that I can double check that the question above would be what you really want to ask.
Starting with details & concerns. Mostly I worry about the financial aspect of it. Can I pull it off. So I guess I'm wondering if I can 'afford' it, is it a sound arrangement? Still a bit unsure of proper question structure. I'm not to concerned about when it will happen. I'm anxious but not in a hurry.

Minderwiz

Lunalafey,

OK - so we could go down a couple of routes for the question - along the lines of will you be able to accumulate the necessary financial resources, or you take out a loan. Or you could look at the return that you get - is it worth investing in (you might afford it but it could turn out to be a pig in a poke).

Although the technique can cope with multiple questions, I'm not so sure I can (as yet!) so try to get it down to one question. Then I'll do my best.

lunalafey

The attraction to this deal is that I will not have to take out a loan. I purchase from the owner directly; no banks, no realtors. The concern is the developement of it. It is a raw piece of land and I would be investing my time as well. Going back to the "Is this meant to be?" thought, could the question be; Is this piece of land the homestead I have been working towards?

Minderwiz

I have posted Major Tom's reading and will next get to work on yours Lunalafey.

I also would like to say a little about the considerations or strictures before judgement as these affect whether a reading is possible and I might get back to someone and have to say, sorry I can't read this chart because it's not valid (or radical to use the technical jargon).

There are four classical considerations of strictures:

Firstly there needs to be more than 3 degrees and less than 27 degrees of a sign on the Ascendant. If it is less than 3 degrees then it is likely that it is to early to get an answer, if there is more than 27 degrees then it is probably too late to provide a meaningful answer.

Secondly Saturn must not be in the Seventh House, this is the House of the Astrologer reading the chart and Saturn here implies difficulties, delays and errors in the reading.

Thirdly the Moon should not be void of course. This means that it should make at least one more major Aspect before it leaves its current sign. Most Astrologers take this as meaning that the aspect must be perfected but there is evidence that the father of Horary, William Lilly, simply took it to mean that the Moon should apply to an aspect (be within orb).

Fourthly the Moon should not be in the Via Combusta. This is the area between 15 degrees Libra and 15 degrees Scorpio. There is much debate about the origin of this term - it literally means burning path - and why the Moon should not be there.

As I'm new to this area of Astrology I'm keeping my readings in line with these strictures until I feel confident enough to risk bending the rules.

Minderwiz

Lunalafey,

Can I take it your question boils down to 'Should I buy this piece of land?' I have the background to the situation so can use that in judging the 'fitness' of the chart

If this question is OK, then I'll go ahead with the reading

lunalafey

simple is sometimes best...thanks minderwiz

aeonx

Hi Minderwitz.
These Horary readings really fascinate me. But I don't quite get this. I'm thick. :D For instance, how long is the scope of time you are talking about here? Can you, for example, see in relation to a love affair that it will end in the next week, month, year...?

And if you would be so kind, I have a question. :) How will my current love affair turn out? (Is that a valid question?) I think I read that you didn't need the natal chart?

~aeonx~

Minderwiz

Aeonx.

The duration of a horary reading is not particularly clear. All the horary astrologers that I've read accept that the reading is of limited duration because things change. What 'limited' means though is not easily answered, especially if time is not an element in the question. There are some circumstances in which the length of time that the reading will hold is reasonably clear.

If you ask the question will I get a promotion at work in the next six months and the answer is no, then I would take the reading as being valid only for the next six months (or any other time period chosen by the querent).

Some questions ask for a time period as an answer - how long will it take me to get my promotion at work? - would be an example. Again there are horary techniques for trying to estimate the time (they are probably no more precise than trying to fix a time period in a tarot reading). so if the reading suggests that you will get a promotion in the next six months, I would take it as valid only for that period.

On your last point I think you need to be more precise as to what you mean by 'turn out'. The outcome could be one of several things, such as marriage, engagement, living together, separating, remaining much as you are now or anywhere in between.

Ask yourself what you hope will come of the relationship - and ask about that - for example Will we still be together in six months, or Will the relationship result in marriage (or whatever).

aeonx

Minderwitz. Thank you for clearing things up, I think I got it straight now. :)

OK, my question... Will my current love affair result in a serious relationship in the next few months?

I hope this is more on target. :)

~aeonx~