Click4Advisor, Paypal, and other resources?

gregory

I'm very familiar with PayPal, having bought and sold many things through it, but was mostly wondering about Click4Advisor. It seems that you can more easily stay anonymous while getting payment and it apparently caters to advising businesses like psychics and tarot readers. So I was very curious about that.
It's easy enough to be anon with paypal - you just set it up with an address that doesn't include your name. The buyer only sees your email address if that's how you set it up.

nisaba

I'm very familiar with PayPal, having bought and sold many things through it, but was mostly wondering about ___________. It seems that you can more easily stay anonymous while getting payment and it apparently caters to advising businesses like psychics and tarot readers. So I was very curious about that.

How is Paypal not anonymous? The name on my Paypal account that comes up on people's purchases is nothing like my name. (It's eight random letters starting and ending with G, entirely different to my real name). The people that either pay me, or that I pay, using my paypal account, never get to see my real name or bank account details. Paypal does, but only them, and they only transfer money around, they don't take any of it when I buy or sell, and only take very small amounts if I transfer payments to someone without making an actual purchase from that someone. :) It's the ultimate in anonymity and safety.

geoxena

It's easy enough to be anon with paypal - you just set it up with an address that doesn't include your name. The buyer only sees your email address if that's how you set it up.

How is Paypal not anonymous? The name on my Paypal account that comes up on people's purchases is nothing like my name. (It's eight random letters starting and ending with G, entirely different to my real name). The people that either pay me, or that I pay, using my paypal account, never get to see my real name or bank account details.
Whenever I've paid for anything through PayPal, my receipt tells me the seller's name as well as email address. I guess the only way to get around that is to have it in a business name.

The other thing that bothers me about PayPal is that, even if your policy is that you don't give refunds, if a buyer complains, they get a refund anyway. Have any of you ever had to give a refund to someone?