Bags for WU tarot

prudence

They should have contracted with Sulis to make their bags, she adores this deck and I'm pretty sure she could make much better suited bags for it. These aren't bad, but I really think Sulis would've made really awesome ones for it.

Zephyros

Wow, $30 is a lot of money for a bag. I think that for the same price, or less, you can get a fancy-schmancy padded one with all the trimmings. A simple drawstring, whatever material it's made of, really shouldn't cost that much.

DaughterOfDanu

It's because it's the WU brand. Their deck is so well known that they're expanding and as it's trendy the price is marked up. Which is great in some ways, I'm thrilled for the creator and her company. I custom crocheted my bags for the WU and its Animal Spirit Oracle as those decks are so special to me. Sulis would be a great option if they wanted to offer bags. I hope somehow they get in touch :)

MissChiff

They should have contracted with Sulis to make their bags, she adores this deck and I'm pretty sure she could make much better suited bags for it. These aren't bad, but I really think Sulis would've made really awesome ones for it.

Follow her on Instagram! Her bags are great!!

danieljuk

I've noticed more and more WU accessories and higher and higher prices, for example their new incense at $16 for 20 sticks. The bags are cute though. Hold out for one of their sales, you might be able to get them cheaper. They are no match for Sulis's though :)

Sulis

Aww thank you for all the lovely Sulis bag comments

Thank you so much Prudence for mentioning my bags which, in my opinion really are far superior to the ones they're selling. I use only natural fibres and my linings are thick dupion silk... Having said that, I don't think I could make enough bags for the people at The Wild Unknown so I'm quite glad that they haven't asked me as my bags really are hand made by just little old me ;).

$30 though for something that looks pretty mass produced despite them saying they're not seems outrageously expensive..

Sorry for the shameless self promotion but it seemed to be on-topic.

And after saying all of that, my website is still closed following my amputation surgery and I'm fast running out of stock for the Esty shop ;).

Calcifer

Well Sulis,
Your self promotion is The Truth. I have two of your bags and before I got those, I had many from Tarot Totes. The Tarot Totes are lovely and almost affordable - even the silk ones I bought (silk snob here) and I'm very happy with them. However, the two bags I got from you are nothing short of superb - and more than worth every penny i spent on them (even with overseas shipping).
When I saw the bags at WU I was um, stunned by the price they're asking, and Lord only knows what they may be made of. I don't see me ever getting one. In fact, more than once I've decided that my Wild Unknown decks are going to get bags from you - once I'm financially solvent again. Your tarot accessories are amazing and top of the line as far as I'm concerned.
If I didn't love my Wild Unknown decks so much, I'd probably have a few things to say about their pricing... but I'll forgive them (won't pay for them, but I won't complain)....lol.
In regard to their incense - that is outrageous. I buy and make really special incenses - some of which have truly justifiable high prices. For instance, the best (and rarest) imported Sandalwood available is only a fraction of that price... and I'll bet their incense is something commonly available with nothing more than a different label on it.
Michael

lark

Yes, I saw them to and was quite "stunned " by the price they were asking.
Looks like something they should include for free with purchase of the deck and book set.
As a tarot bag maker myself I can tell just by the picture not much went into the construction of it.
I think you would be paying for the fabric which is specially printed to match the deck back.

Sulis one day when you start making bags again I am going to order one from you, I have always wanted to and just never got around to it.
Love your fabrics!

decan

I just looked at these bags (I haven't the Wild Unknown Tarot) and concerning the price... well, yes.
I think a honest price with regard to these bags would be $5, I'm serious!