21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

fractalgranny

so happy that the two of you are joining the 21 ways. it's nice to do this in company!

GryffinSong

Prairie Tarot - King of Swords

Its been awhile since I've done this book, so I'm going to dive right in and join you. :)

I sit on a red, wooden chair, the deep purple of twilight behind me. I seem stern or even grumpy to people. I know that. I can hear their whispers. But, really, I'm a nice guy. At least I think I am. I'm a bit weighed down by my experiences. By what I've had to do. This sword gets heavy at times. Always on the alert. Always having to protect and guide my loved ones. It can be a burden at times. My suit and vest give people the impression that I'm stuffy and uptight. But look at this gorgeous gold watch in my vest pocket. My daddy gave it to me, along with this sword. Its done some good, this old sword. And the watch keeps me always on top of things. A beautiful heirloom, reminding me of all the strong people in my past. All that has led me to this position of power and influence. Its not so bad, really. I'm still the little child I used to be. See this beautiful golden butterfly near me? Its not afraid of my sword. It knows that I mean it no ill. I will always stand sentinel over those who are weaker than I, those who love and create beauty, those who stand for goodness and light. They have no need to fear me. I'm one of the white hats, you see. One of the good guys. Though sometimes its tiring to be so. One more thought before I go. The leaf by my foot? That is the sign of changes coming. I'm getting old. I've held this sword a long time. I know that at some point someone else will take up this sword. There will be a new guardian. A new king. And I am ready to lay down my sword and re-join the world. I will take off my tie. I will take off my suit. I will take off my fancy vest. I will pass my sword and beautiful golden watch off to my heir. But I will keep my friendship with the butterfly, for she is the way to beauty and truth.

Thank you for visiting with me today. Sometimes being king is a lonely thing and I've enjoyed talking with you.

Hemera

so happy that the two of you are joining the 21 ways. it's nice to do this in company!
Thanks:) I have been wanting to join in for a long time but only now have a found the deck to do this with.

And guess what! Now I´m super excited because one of those wonderful tarot synchronicities happened today. I picked the Empress out of the three cards but I wasn´t so excited about that at first. I wrote THIS in Step ONE:
Hemera said:
(I was a bit disappointed that I got this card since I´m not sure I like it. So I almost picked the easier one that was also on offer (6 Cups). But I felt I can´t really bypass a Major from my favorite deck. So here goes..
Well.. maybe about one hour after I had written this I went to finally do my BIG spread for the New Year 2013. (I had not had a minute for it earlier. House guests and all that..) I shuffled thoroughly and what did I get for the "Me" card for 2013: The Empress. :bugeyed: wow. Needless to say I´m really motivated to do these 21 steps now.:party: (So please forgive me if I will race a bit in the beginning :D)

skye-angelite

21 Ways STEP TWO: Gilded Tarot, Nine of Pentacles

STEP TWO: Gilded Tarot, Nine of Pentacles

The blue and green gown with gold beading I wear is beautifully accentuated with my red underskirt, rings and necklace. Accentuated further, with a nice touch of the same gold braiding as on my gown is in my hair, along with a long flowing red ribbon.

I would like to just step forward and release the hooded bird from my hand into my garden to soar against the white fluffy clouds and blue sky. But at present I just hold the bird and feel contentment.

I know that there is snow still on the distant mountain but it just adds more beauty to the day. The Monarch Caterpillars have hatched into the three butterflies that are now fluttering around me, the splendour of their orange and black wings oozing visual beauty.

The plant behind me at the foot of one of the spiralled poles of the lace-work gazebo has been tended and flowers exactly as it should for a healthy plant.
The flowering vine, another healthy specimen, below and next to me holds a red ladybird and my nine glowing 'pentacles within pentacles' glorifying the sun within each.

pequenakid

In the background, a large fire burns behind me on a field, a large, grey, plume of smoke rising from it. I sit in a wooden chair, with an arrow shaped back. The top of the chair comes to a point, the ends of the arrow are not pointed, but are, instead, rounded. The top of the chair is designed with a line that traces the upper edge of my chair, but, has a spiral on either end. I wear a small, and simple, gold crown, it appears to be a simple band, with no ornaments or decorations. My brown hair is held by light green colored bands or rope. I wear a red gown, or tunic with an attached cape or cloak. My tunic has gold embroidery along the top, wit a circular gold and turquoise seals at each shoulder. The turquoise design on the seals is reminiscent of waves of water. On my left arm, which is resting on the arm of my chair, I wear a gold arm band. My right arm, holds up a wand as I look at it, which is decorated with a single green sphere at the bottom, and nothing else. On my right fore arm, I wear four gold bangle bracelets. Around my waist, I wear a gold and turquoise belt, which looks like three thin golden ropes stacked together, and then woven together at the ends to keep it fastened. On my legs, I wear wheat colored pants, and further down, brown shoes. On the right arm of the chair is a design which looks like it may be the face of a bird of some type. Beneath my chair sits an orange tabby cat, which is crouched or laying down, and staring straight ahead seemingly looking out of the card.

Vellata

Gilded Tarot, Four of Pentacles

I'm a man, dressed in a rich purple gown with golden ornaments. I'm wearing hat, that's adorned with green cloth and some gold elements. There are two rings on my fingers.

I'm standing on the balcony of my palace. It's a beautiful balcony with intricate gold ornaments and sturdy gold columns. There are some ornaments on the floor as well.

It's evening. Night comes, sky darkens and only the last rays of Sun are visible at horizon. Moon is already up in the sky and so are stars.

I am facing the castle and holding four pentacles at my chest. One is already slipping out, so I have to tighten my grip, which rises another issue - now one of the upper pentacles doesn't fit comfortably in my hands any more and is in danger of falling. The only way to secure it is holding it in place with my thumb. The pentacles are clearly a bit too big for my hands to hold them comfortably.

dadsnook2000

Wow, we are still learning and having fun.

It was almost ten years ago that I started this "21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card" thread, and many have joined in along the way. I'm overwhelmed that this approach, based on Mary Greer's book, is still guiding many to become more tarot-capable. Like Mary Greer, I occasionally look in to see how the process is helping and exciting all of you.

If there are ever any questions that I can help with, I can be private messaged. I am always following, and sometimes participating, in the Astrology forum. Continued good luck to all. Dave

Tarot Orat

21 Ways - Step Two

Step TWO - Dark Carnival Tarot, The Hierophant

I am a clown, my face painted black and white, dressed in bright blue. I crouch at the right side of the circus ringmaster. Although his outward appearance is unconventional, I look up at him with a smile, my eyes wide open, and reach out towards him with my right hand....I hold a handkerchief so my hand isn't directly touching his magnificent red velvet coat. He is dressed in the full regalia of his leading role: a red coat decorated with gold braid and buttons, a purple vest with more gold buttons, and a shirt striped in red, white, and black with a high, stiff collar. He wears a oversized black satin tophat with gleaming gold band. His mouth is open in a huge toothy grin (and those are some very sharp teeth); his red-rimmed eyes, though blank, are looking straight out at the circus audience. His right hand - long-fingered, talon-nailed - has just flung up a flurry of cards that twist and float over his shoulder. There are six cards in the air; a seventh is tucked into his hatband, and I think I may even see the edge of an eight card behind it.

His left hand, even longer-nailed, points down at my companion - another clown crouching at his left side. His face is only half-painted, with bare skin around his mouth and forehead, and his eyes are tightly shut. His left hand, with a red wristband and a gold ring around his middle finger, carelessly dangles a cigarette. He has the burning end pointed at his face....does he know that, behind his closed eyes? Or is he at risk of putting the burning end into his mouth? The gray and orange smoke is thick, potent, filling the air all around us. I can't even see the audience on the other side of the tent, behind the ringmaster....but I can see the crowd in front of us that he's playing to.

It's starting. The crowd is at the edge of their seats, the performers are in position. Ready or not....it's showtime.

Bohemian Gypsy

21 Ways: Step 2

Cosmic Tarot: The Sun

I am a happy, young girl with short hair. I have on a jumper with a pink top and I'm looking out from behind the relative safety of lush greenery that grows almost as tall as I am. There are trees behind and to my left that are tall and have green leaves. There is an s shaped curvy branch to my right with no leaves on it at all but a white bird with a long tail is perched upon it looking my direction. The branch points toward the sky at another white bird, this one in flight. A fern grows near the branch almost intertwining with it. There are two flowers in front of me that are in full bloom and hints of buds awaiting their turn to blossom are also visible. A plant to my left has leaves with holes in them like something has been eating it. There is a green meadow behind me, that serves as shore to a large lake with islands and inlets. Beyond the lake are hills of pale blue. The sky is a pale blue, even paler than the mountains, almost white and shaped like an arch way. In the middle of the arch hangs a golden sun with large rays extending all around it making it look almost like an enormous twinkling star. Just above me to my left and right is the deep blue color of space beyond earth's atmosphere. Tiny twinkling stars fill the area and a crescent moon shines in the left corner. Happiness, joy and child like wonder come to mind when I look at this scene. I feel safe tucked away in the bushes.

Rootrealm

21 Ways, STEP TWO

STEP TWO: Dugan's Witches' Tarot, VII The Chariot

I am a man dressed in armor and wearing a yellow cape covered in mysterious glyphs. I stand in a chariot pulled by two horses, a black one and a white one, which are rearing up on their hind legs. I hold aloft in my left hand a long implement or weapon and my right hand is open, facing upwards. I am riding my chariot across the heavens, upon a cloud, amid the stars, below a waning crescent moon.