Emperor as a female

iAmRiotEyes

In my view the only thing that would change is the physical characteristics. The only way those would apply is if you asked how he views her physically. Other than that, the Emperor's personality characteristics would apply.

love.actually

Hmm that's a really good point. I didn't specify the physical aspect so it makes sense that the cards would refer to personality traits.

Grizabella

An iron fist in a velvet glove. Classy, elegant, smooth---but in direct control of her world.

Richard

In 78 Degrees of Wisdom, Rachel Pollack says that the Majors do not represent people, they are archetypes, forces, energies. Thus The Emperor is not a person per se, but it certainly may represent someone's personality traits. The Emperor is Aries through and through: straightforward, innovative, aggressive when challenged, etc. These are considered to be "masculine" characteristics (i.e., active, projective, expansive) as opposed to "feminine" (passive, receptive, contractive). Thus The Emperor is depicted as male, but this is merely traditional occult symbolism. The esoteric meanings of "masculine" and "feminine" have nothing whatsoever to do with biological gender.

ETA. I happen to be a biological male, and my sexual orientation is straight. However, in the occult sense I am about 50% masculine and 50% feminine, i.e., androgynous. In my younger years, the feminine characteristics dominated, which was disadvantageous in a culture which worshipped the macho male football player (rough-and-tumble American football, of course), but my femininity was tolerated in an academic environment, into which I naturally gravitated.

Kgirl

She may be seen as needing more confidence and maturity in building her own realm without relying so much upon others...and, perhaps, that she needs to "own" her own life more.

This is such an odd answer to me. The card is the Emperor. If he feels she needs confidence and maturity, then that would make sense with the Fool or any of the Pages or maybe Six of Cups but not the Emperor.

I agree with the OP bu also willowfox. Emperor is all of those things.

An iron fist in a velvet glove. Classy, elegant, smooth---but in direct control of her world.

Love this too

nisaba

What are some qualities this card could refer to when used to describe how someone sees a woman?

I thought of these personality/physical traits:
-Domineering, confident, bossy, rigid, passionate, stubborn
-Muscular, regal looking, curvy

But none of these apply to the querent. Is there a possible meaning that I'm missing? I'd welcome any suggestions :)

How someone sees them, is not actually how they ARE. People are famous for deluding themselves. While your querent may not be like any of those things, if you're asking about someone else's perception of her, that might be how they see her.

Other suggestions are that they see her as grounded, in control of her environment, realistic, as having personal power, as someone who doesn't encourage intimacy, as someone used to command. And again, bearing in mind that this is the person's perception of them, not how they actually are.

G6

Thoughts on Female Emperor as Lover/Partner?

Madonna is a female Emperor:

Ambitious
Real world impact
Organised
Successful

The woman is question may be strongly in tune with her inherent masculine side. She may be more logical than intuitive, more of a empire builder than a nurturer.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on the female Emperor as a lover/partner. I get the Madonna analogy that she's older, bit of a cougar, successful, extremely regimented, but as far as the ideas here that sexually or as a lover the emperor is a bit cold, aloof, doesn't get carried away these don't seem to jibe with Madonna because she seems pretty wild sexually unless that's a performance/part of her persona?

Thoughts on female Emperor as lover/partner?

Grizabella

I wouldn't think of her as a cougar but that doesn't mean others would agree with me. I might associate the female Emperor with k.d. lang but not Madonna.

ETA: Coming back to say that I don't mean this person would need to be lesbian, either. Many women who are hetero or bi or none of the above could be thought of that way. I just couldn't think of any off to top of my tired head. :p

SweetSiren

I'd like to hear more thoughts on the female Emperor as a lover/partner. I get the Madonna analogy that she's older, bit of a cougar, successful, extremely regimented, but as far as the ideas here that sexually or as a lover the emperor is a bit cold, aloof, doesn't get carried away these don't seem to jibe with Madonna because she seems pretty wild sexually unless that's a performance/part of her persona?

Thoughts on female Emperor as lover/partner?

Someone who is preoccupied with dominance, plain and simple. A conversation with them wouldn't just be about exchanging ideas, it would be about whose ideas are better.