Card Positioning / Reversals: Quick question

dee89

Hi Everybody,

So yesterday I picked a card out of my tarot deck.
AFTER I drew that card, and before looking at it, I turned it to be facing me the opposite way (180 degrees).
I did this flip because it felt right, I felt that's how the card was meant to read.

When I looked at the card, it was then a reversed card, with significant and relevant meaning.

My question is, should we ever flip the card like I did AFTER its been drawn out of the deck or are we supposed to trust it comes out of the deck the way we are meant to see it?

Would love any insight on this one.

Ace

If that is what is needed for you to get the message the cards are sending you, then yes. That is OK to do.

I don't work like that, but my mentor years ago said that you lay the cards out the way THEY want to be laid out. Not necessarily in a structured spread. Then you see the message they are sending you. Reversing or unreversing a card the same thing, I think.

barb

chongjasmine

It is up to you, I guess.
I will not do that, but if it works for you, go ahead with it.

nord_drache

I don't tend to do this but only because my main deck has backs that indicate reversals. That said it is because I am one of those characters who use the riffle in the shuffle. I did this because from what I have read is the significance of reversals so that this allows them to be reversed or up-righted.
I then lay the cards out face down. Now seeing many reversed should spook one but I trust because there are cards that even reversed are positive :) I then turn them over sideways and away I go . . .

The one thing I will say simply paraphrasing what people keep saying to me - There is no right or wrong just what works to give you an correct reading. And I would say, you got it.

Jim