5 of cups as external influence?

Ophelia13

How would you interpret 5 cards as external influence (that is, other people like friends and family) on a person? my understanding of it is that this influence is negative in that other people add to the aggravation and grief or that they are disappointed by that person's actions. Do you have a different take?

Puffette

How would you interpret 5 cards as external influence (that is, other people like friends and family) on a person? my understanding of it is that this influence is negative in that other people add to the aggravation and grief or that they are disappointed by that person's actions. Do you have a different take?

5 of cups as external influence is people feeling disapointed on you and criticising every step and mistake. People like this can pull u down with their negativity cause they don't see nothing bright in this life. Everything is wrong,everything is complaining.. people that are haaaard to please. This card has a lot of connection with the past so people on this card as influence is keeping on remembering u what happened and whatt went wrong. Have u ever met people that always at any step had this victim mentality and they are sucking your energy that you do not stand sitting with them in the same room? They can infect you with their sadness. They can even blame you for daring to continue with your life and leaving them behind. Beware of such people.

Ophelia13

Thank you Pufette. You solidified my interpretation even more and wow, it does make sense in the context of my question. Your description is somewhat that of emotionally abusive/narcissistic people

PAMUYA

The 5 as influence. It is internal. You may think it is external, but someone or something external is pressing your button/buttons causing you emotional turmoil. You have no emotional space between you and this person/thing. You are unable to see things logically due to this weakness in you. Regardless of how other act towards you, it is how you respond internally which causes you to suffer or to to happy, to be a loser or a winner. Outside influences will always be there in one form or another, as long as you have no emotional space between them and you, you will suffer, causing these influences to run your emotional life.

Ophelia13

You are very right pamuya, in the end the truth is that he person is responsible about the way they choose to respond to external influences. That said if the external influences are different then it is likely that the person would respond differently