Four of Cups as jealousy?

HallowedNight

Every night I spend some time "talking" to my to some of my decks; I ask little questions about the deck itself, just about it's current energy levels and things like that. Recently, it seems like whenever I ask my Wild Unknown how it's doing in relation to me, I get the Four of Cups. Could my deck be jealous of my spending time with other decks? Is it maybe suggesting I should be focusing on the Wild Unknown instead of my new decks? (I have gotten one recently that I really like.)

I know it sounds a little weird, but I just can't think of another reason why it would keep popping up. It never comes up in full spreads; only when I'm inquiring about the deck itself.

tarot_quest

Hi

I don't think that a deck could be jealous of you spending more time with another deck. The cards only pick up your energy to provide you some guidance, no more.

For you getting the 4 of cups, it could mean that you are missing some nice opportunities (with the cards because you should be asking other type of questions or that you could do other hobbies instead of asking these questions).

That is just how I see it

Reverie

That never occurred to me ! I can see the 4 of cups as disdain or feeling repulsed.

HallowedNight

Hi

I don't think that a deck could be jealous of you spending more time with another deck. The cards only pick up your energy to provide you some guidance, no more.

For you getting the 4 of cups, it could mean that you are missing some nice opportunities (with the cards because you should be asking other type of questions or that you could do other hobbies instead of asking these questions).

That is just how I see it

I'm a firm believer in the "decks develop personalities" theory, personally. :^P I believe they have a certain energy of their own, and I like to think of them more as friends or partners as opposed to tools to achieve my own ends. (Though I do think that our energy is what guides the cards; as we think about a question and shuffle the deck, our thoughts and questions and energies point us to the "right" cards. And interpretation is the most important key.)

That being said, it's totally possible that my Wild Unknown is just shoving that card in my face for some reason. Maybe it's completely ignoring my questions and trying to make me see something else, but (especially considering the meaning and my interpretation of the Four of Cups in the Wild Unknown specifically) I have no idea how it can fit in my life right now. *many shrugs* We may never know for sure!

That never occurred to me ! I can see the 4 of cups as disdain or feeling repulsed.

I could see that! For the Wild Unknown, I usually see it as greed or hoarding, especially of material things... Maybe it's trying to tell me I shod go spend some money. :^P

nisaba

Recently, it seems like whenever I ask my Wild Unknown how it's doing in relation to me, I get the Four of Cups. Could my deck be jealous of my spending time with other decks?
That's not exactly a card of jealousy. As an answer, it might be saying "six of one, half a dozen of the other" or "comme si comme sa". It doesn't have a central nervous system, so the question really should be phrased how YOU are doing in regard to IT. The question doesn't make sense, so it is giving you a noncommittal answer.

Bloudwedd

My first impression, if we are talking personalities is one a little teenagery: "Meeeh, whatever!"
It may feel uninspired and as your intuition is stale when working with it atm.

Padma

I see the 4 of Cups as a message that it is not wanting to share anything with you right now - because you are withholding things from it, too. Looks like it will only give out its advice if you open up completely :)

HallowedNight

That's not exactly a card of jealousy. As an answer, it might be saying "six of one, half a dozen of the other" or "comme si comme sa". It doesn't have a central nervous system, so the question really should be phrased how YOU are doing in regard to IT. The question doesn't make sense, so it is giving you a noncommittal answer.

Well, when I ask something like that, it's more in regard to energies, like "how are our energies meshing?' sort of thing. Like what can I do to align out energies and help get a deeper understanding of the cards and what they might be saying. Like if I ask 'how are you?' it's less 'how are you doing today?' and more 'how is your energy today?' If it's negative, maybe my energy is affecting it, or maybe the deck needs to be cleansed. Stuff like that. c:

My first impression, if we are talking personalities is one a little teenagery: "Meeeh, whatever!"
It may feel uninspired and as your intuition is stale when working with it atm.
I see the 4 of Cups as a message that it is not wanting to share anything with you right now - because you are withholding things from it, too. Looks like it will only give out its advice if you open up completely :)

These makes sense! Maybe it's kinda trying to tell me that I'm thinking too much about the other deck and won't be able to really focus my energies on this one until I get my whole attention on it. Thank you! :^D