Question/ cards to watch out for about gossip mongering?

Midsummereve

Hello all,

I am trying to formulate a question to find out if an acquaintance of mine did or did not start a certain rumor. What is the best way to ask that and which cards should I be on the lookout for among the cards I get in answer to this?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Amanda

Perhaps a simple snap-shot spread;

Show me the source of the rumor: Card 1 + Card 2 + Card 3

Not sure about the cards you would want to look for; I suppose a person in the middle and additional describing cards to either side?

Midsummereve

Perhaps a simple snap-shot spread;

Show me the source of the rumor: Card 1 + Card 2 + Card 3

Not sure about the cards you would want to look for; I suppose a person in the middle and additional describing cards to either side?

Hey Amanda and thanks for this!
Should I assign a significator to the person in question? Or decide that any court card will represent that person, and infer from the personality of that card whether there's a match, or not - what would you suggest?

Amanda

I'd probably just throw 3 cards and see how I feel about it.

You could select a significator for the person in question, lay that out first, then shuffle the cards and throw a card on either side to show you this person's involvement with the rumor, perhaps.

I don't know, just some ideas. :)

GotH

Oh yeah, the Page of Swords has always been the gossiping card for me. When that card comes up, I know people's tongues are wagging. :mad:

JylliM

For what it's worth, the Three of Winter (Swords) in the Victorian Fairy tarot depicts a scene of gossiping. You can get the deck as an iPhone app if that's any help.

Midsummereve

Oh yeah, the Page of Swords has always been the gossiping card for me. When that card comes up, I know people's tongues are wagging. :mad:

Thank you, yes, the Page of Sw has also come up for me to indicate gossip.

Midsummereve

For what it's worth, the Three of Winter (Swords) in the Victorian Fairy tarot depicts a scene of gossiping. You can get the deck as an iPhone app if that's any help.

I'll take a look, thank you!

Midsummereve

I'd probably just throw 3 cards and see how I feel about it.

You could select a significator for the person in question, lay that out first, then shuffle the cards and throw a card on either side to show you this person's involvement with the rumor, perhaps.

I don't know, just some ideas. :)

I have posted my 3-card reading in the YR section, I'd be grateful for some feedback, if one of you has the time to take a look...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4421744#post4421744