Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus

Babalon Jones

Nice to see the Colores Arcus boxes coming together (with inchworm help)! I'm looking forward to learning more about the Babalon edition down the road too.
Yup, the Babalon edition is what I am focusing on next and that will likely be in one of the next updates! Working on defining what the extras will be before doing a full update on it. I do already know that the Babalon cards are going to have silver foil touches on the fronts as well as the holo foil backs that the Colores Arcus edition has. But also, some new cards are being worked on. That is the hard part but the fun part too.

nicky

Just for fun, I made this video of the first few sections of what I call "the most elaborate deck packaging in the world" (how's that for hyperbole; though it may actually be true).

Not sure if it belongs here or in the Golden Dawn forum section; I guess either. It shows the first few pages of a book that holds a deck of oversized Major Arcana cards. The book is called "Who is HRU?"

The verse has 418 words and is in the form of a riddle, which HRU answers at the end.

http://www.tabulamundi.com/who-is-hru-part-i-and-other-news/

I put the video on my website but also as an update on the Kickstarter

My brain exploded !!! that is amazing!!!!

starlightexp

I can't even fathom the work hours on that book .

Babalon Jones

Oh man, you are not kidding! You have only seen about 20 percent of it too so far. I worked like one possessed for ages. It was all I did or thought about in every spare moment for a long time. I tend to get a bit manic when in the grip of such things. But HRU demanded the Hours, and would not let me do anything else or so it seemed. Looking back it is all a blur. My studio is still full of models and bits of paper and razor blades and book parts everywhere. It looks like a pop up book factory exploded.

I really want to show some more of the insides and some of my favorite parts but also want the buyer to get the element of surprise. I may show another teaser, then the rest after I send it out to them.

Today is my last day off from work. There is nothing sadder than a Sunday at the end of a vacation week, dreading the morrow. But I intend to spend it working on card art :love:

Thoughtful

l have followed the creation of this deck from the beginning. Its a truly wonderful deck. My resolve to not buy any more Tarots has completely dissolved, l have to have it. l am working with the Thoth so appreciate all the time and effort that has been put into this tarot. looking at the images online they fairly sizzle with energy and life, it has brought the good old Thoth bang up to date.
Missed out on the subsidised postage becaused l delayed :mad:

Must have, must have.......

Thoughtful

l did contact babalon to ask what the postage would be and found its quite high to get to the UK. l still wanted to order but now l am hesitating in case l would get even more expense because of import duty. l got stung this way when l ordered one of freders decks. But he now posts out differently now.

Babalon Jones

More info here about the Babalon edition of Tabula Mundi if anyone was interested:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...colores-arcus-esoteric-thelemic/posts/1639933

Also, if I had known how fast the single Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus decks with subsidized international shipping would go I would have offered more. I thought that the fact the Kickstarter was scheduled to start when most of the USA was sleeping would have meant that the international backers would have been covered by those. But I was basing the numbers on the last Kickstarter and this one turned out to be more popular than I could have imagined.

But I want to let you all know that there ARE still rewards left with subsidized international shipping. The ones left though however are for either getting two decks, or a deck and an extra large Majors deck, or a deck and a book, etc. If you either split with a friend or sell one of the two deck option with subsidized international shipping it is still a good opportunity for those outside of US to save something.

So anyway, the link above describes a feature of the Tabula Mundi deck that was planned from the beginning, and that is that the decanic minor cards of each sign (cards 2 thru 10 of each suit) can be combined into one card, that combines the three decan cards of each astrological sign into one card. So that means the Babalon edition will have *at least* 12 extra cards (and I, with some insider knowledge, am betting on more if all goes well).

You may wonder what you would do with those twelve astrological cards. Well you all are probably the first to figure that out so I probably don't need to tell you, but more info on that will follow in the updates.

Rose Lalonde

The 12 new cards for the ltd edition are another reminder of how beautifully everything in Tabula Mundi fits together, with so many connections made visible through your art. A few days to go on the kickstarter, but I'm already looking forward to October. :thumbsup:

JadePixie

This deck looks amazing! Looking forward to having it in my grabby little hands :D