De-Enabling Thread

mentalista

gregory said:
And the book is DIRE. Renamed majors with no rationale to it all; fluffy use of symbolism which suggests that the author was making it up on the hoof and hoped no-one would notice because its - like, DRUIDS, innit, and it has a pic of Stonehenge in it...

"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing..."

Any deck whose design philosophy was mercilessly parodied in advance by Spinal Tap is not worth getting.

nisaba

mentalista said:
Any deck whose design philosophy was mercilessly parodied in advance by Spinal Tap is not worth getting.
<falls about laughing>

I'm stealing that for my quote file!

gregory

nisaba said:
Yes, the borders and the backs are lovely, They evilly lure you in. Trust me, the deck's totally not worth it, not unless you cut out the centres and glue in the images from a deck you like better.
Oh.

Well - I came back to say the borders are HUGE - you could trim it and get a very small mini deck - and THEN you would have NO IDEA which card most of them were. But if Nissy likes the borders so much - maybe you need to have JUST THOSE - cut the middles out. It would be a better deck with just the borders :D Even if you don't paste something else in instead. You can get VISIONS looking through the empty centres, maybe...

Hemera

MoonGypsy said:
Twice i got the Fey! Twice! :p
And twice i said to myself: "What WERE you thinking???" :p.
And I think I´ve got your second one that I *really* wanted in a trade and I now keep asking myself: WHAT was I thinking :D

The Sacred Circle is really as bad as everyone keeps saying. gregory and Aerin and everyone up there is so right. I traded mine away in a second. And nisaba is so right about the backs and the borders. They do lure you in..

AprilFool

nisaba said:
Yes, the borders and the backs are lovely, They evilly lure you in.
Thanks for saving me - I've been eyeing the packaging in my local Borders for a long time - it looks so lovely. I'll spend my cash elsewhere!

nisaba

<deep sigh of relief> Thanks the gods for that.

Come to think of it, the woman I gave my copy to, she b*ggered off 1,000 kilometres away a few days ago. I wonder if that's how much she hates me for giving it to her.

Carla

mentalista said:
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing..."

Ha ha ha! :)

ilweran

zan_chan said:
After talking like that about my beloved iPhone, I think you should definitely buy the Cruel Thing })
ilweran said:
I'm sorry, but was it really so bad you'd want to inflict another deck on me? :(

Well, your sneaky enabling didn't work! I bought a dress, leggings, new shoes, a necklace and a book, but no tarot deck :p

Though I spent about four times more than if I'd just bought the flippin' deck :rolleyes:, but, hey, I'm looking good today!!

Carla

Hey, everybody help me, please. I want to put deck buying on a hiatus until after the second week of October, so I intend to come here whenever I find myself browsing around decks and beginning to consider purchasing anything. I might not need deck-specific de-enabling, just for someone to shout at me in general! I'm sure I can count on you all to disabuse me of my illusions when I start asking about decks. Also, feel free to waylay me if you see me sniffing around in a deck-buying mood on any other thread! :) I'm letting myself trade and certainly read about tarot and decks, but I am seriously going to try not to buy a new deck before October 10th. Yes?

Yasmin

*INTERVENTION* Alert for Carla!