Yes or No questions

casia

I´ve been using a method for answering yes or no questions. I make a question and draw 3 cards, if I get 2 or 3 cards of the same kind (like 2 pentacles or swords or 2 sevens or kings) then it is a yes. If they are all different, then it is a no. But lately answers that I know are yes or specificaly no come out the other way around. As if it works sometimes one way sometimes another.

Does anyone have a relible method for this or am I doing something wrong....

Help!

Papageno

Some people have told me they're successful with direct "yes" "no" questions but I'm not one of them. it's just never happened for me.
I reach for the answer by posing the question to determine the outcome of a particular choice of action.

ana luisa

there´s another way to get yes/no answers that I read about in Greer´s book. Shuffle your deck and turn some cards upside down while you do it (to get reversals). After you are finished shuffling, ask your question, fan the deck and pick three cards. Put them side by side and with their backs up. turn them so you can see what they are. Card 1 is worth 1 point. Card 2, two points and card three, 1 point. So, if you get something like this:

upright upright reversed

you have 3 points for a yes (upright cards are positive and reversed are no) and 1 point for a no. So, definetely a yes. In case you get a draw, say:

upright reversed upright

it means that you should not know at the moment of the reading, the answer to this question and/or , it is not yet materialized.

I´ve used this spread several times and it´s simply amazing. I hope you like it, too.

casia

Ana Luisa

Thanks I´m going to try it out!!!!!

Trismegistus

I get confused with elaborate questions and complex spreads, there must be a simpler way don´t you think so????

sweet_intuition

Another way I learned to do a Yes/No spread (and it works for me) is as follows:

Shuffles the deck in such a way that reversals are acheived.

Then deal out the cards into 6 groups of 13. The 13th card (i.e. the top most) should be turned over.

If 4 or more are upright then the result is Yes

If 2 or less are upright, then the result is No

If 3 are up and 3 are reversed, then the querent isn't really focusing or isn't ready to know the outcome, and hence the question should be asked again on a later day.

magissa82

sweet_intuition said:
Another way I learned to do a Yes/No spread (and it works for me) is as follows:

Shuffles the deck in such a way that reversals are acheived.

Then deal out the cards into 6 groups of 13. The 13th card (i.e. the top most) should be turned over.

If 4 or more are upright then the result is Yes

If 2 or less are upright, then the result is No

If 3 are up and 3 are reversed, then the querent isn't really focusing or isn't ready to know the outcome, and hence the question should be asked again on a later day.

I like that one, sweet intuition! Might give it a try, thanks :)

Papageno

casia said:
Ana Luisa

Thanks I´m going to try it out!!!!!

Trismegistus

I get confused with elaborate questions and complex spreads, there must be a simpler way don´t you think so????

nothing complex or elaborate at all, it's very simple actually and you can do this as a one card draw.

the question need not be elaborate, you're simply asking what the resulting outcome of your course of action will be.

draw the one card and interpret. very simple. :)

if you need more detail then take it from there, depending on the the depth of advice you need.

Fulgour

If there isn't a question, why ask?

casia said:
But lately answers that I know are yes or specificaly no
come out the other way around.
Hello :) Casia! I think you've answered
your own question... and very happily!

BlueLotus

Another method I came across recently is in It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy and this is done by shuffling just the majors and then dealing them out one by one.

If you get the Fool first then the answer would be No .

If you get the World first then the answer would be Yes .

However the author does not recommend doing such a reading .

Tryska

I've lately been using an elemental Yes/No when clarifying cards. I don't like using them to ask straight out questions (things like - will i win the lottery? and such)

It's an elemental Yes/No spread the I found here - it took me a while to get the hang of it, but basically - you pull 5 cards.

1 is the situation

2,3,4 are your answer. If at least 2 wands or swords, then yes. If at least 2 cups or pents, then no. Majors would be advice for the situation. If one sword or wand and one cup/pent and a major, then maybe - depending on
the advice of the major. Basically the only wya you get a clearcut yes is if there are at least 2 swords/wands.

I don't think I've tested it yet. It's probably soemthing I should do.