"Where Will I Be 6 Months from Now ?" spread

Halloween

Was a bit bored tonight so I created the following spread.

The cards are spread out quite simply in a horizontal fashion from month 1 to month 6. Below each "gap" from month-to-month, there will be a card showing what will the transition will be like.

...2...4...6...8...10...12... (months)
.1..3...5...7...9....11...13 (transition cards)

The spread is meant to be read almost like a storybook, from start to finish, with the transitional bottom cards acting as the glue that shows you the flow of each month. For example, for month 1 you read cards 1, 2 and 3 together, for month 2 you will read cards 3, 4 and 5 together, and for month 3 you will read cards 5, 6 and 7, and so forth. Continue to read like this until you have completed each month.

When finished you can compare where you started at month 1 and how you ended up at month 6. You can also look at it as a chart, viewing any highs and lows as you would in a mathematical graph. The question you ask can be specific in topic ("Where will I be 6 months from now in my love life ?"), or it can be just a general inquiry. For this spread I asked for a general reading. I will give a brief interpretation for each section of my reading, but you can obviously go into greater detail with yours.

........... 7s ...... hermit ....... devil ............ page wands ..... 2c ..... page swords
chariot .... world ....... moon ..... hierophant ............... 10s ..... 9c ........ queen cups

1. April:
The Chariot + Seven of Swords + The World
There's something heading my way this month that I've been waiting for a long time. I won't know when or where or how this completion will come about, but when it does it will hit me out of nowhere and take me by great surprise.

2. May:
The World + The Hermit + The Moon
This will be a month of great introspection and discovery. It reminds me of a silent retreat. A transition will occur from the previous month's completed task where something powerful will be unleashed within my life. It will take great attention to detail and study, but once the formula is mastered, it will provide tangible results.

3. June:
The Moon + The Devil + The Hierophant
June will be a month of gaining control and learning discipline. There may be meetings with others who are more skilled than myself who can help guide and teach me things I need to learn and better understand. This will be a month of powerful friends and allies.

4. July:
The Hierophant + Page of Wands + Ten of Swords
This month a spark will ignite and I will take my new found information and knowledge and begin to connect better with others. Any difficulties in the past will be integrated at this point, leaving behind the notion of dualism.

5. August:
Ten of Swords + Two of Coins + Nine of Coins
I will be assessing my life and situation at this point, and realizing that further progress needs to be made. However, there must come a sacrifice for this progress, so I will have to venture off on my own if this is to happen.

6. September:
Nine of Coins + Page of Swords + Queen of Cups
September will be about finding balance and be about give and take. There will be a need to learn how to channel the energies of my life properly so that things of wonder and merit can be produced for others to enjoy. I will be working behind the scenes somewhere greatly with someone/others, and I keep seeing this being like an assembly line where a product is placed in the beginning of the line, then lots of tinkering is done and finally at the end something marvelous is produced and ready for the world. Who knows ? Perhaps it is a literal explanation for a new job. Maybe I will be making things with my hands ? :D

7. Any patterns noticed ?
The patterns noticed is that in April something big is going to happen, and this will set off a chain reaction of growth over the following 5 months. Again, the analogy of the assembly line fits in this reading. Something polished will come out in September due to the abrasiveness and shock of the initial rendering in April.

8. Comparison of April to September
April will be a time of excitement and projects coming to fruition, while September will be a time of reaping those results and putting them to good use, finally. Again, I could see this as simply meaning that I will have some sort of new career or job by the autumn.

Hemera

moderator note

This is a great looking spread. Thank you for posting :)
Not wanting to be a spoilsport but...
Let me know if you like it and post your example readings below to test it out if you'd like !.
All example readings (apart from yours) should be posted to Your Readings.
Please take a look at our Tarot Spread Posting Rules.
6. Example readings may be posted in Tarot Spreads along with the original spread, in the same post. The idea is for it to accompany the spread as an example of how the spread might read, but not for comments by others. Readings for comments using spreads from this forum should be posted in Your Readings

Halloween

This is a great looking spread. Thank you for posting :)
Not wanting to be a spoilsport but...
All example readings (apart from yours) should be posted to Your Readings.
Please take a look at our Tarot Spread Posting Rules.

Oops ! Sorry about that ! Thank you for pointing that out. I've edited the original post to reflect the rules.

QueenofClubs

Very nice spread

peacefulsk8r

I really enjoyed this spread, thanks! It seems our overall patterns were the same, and I'm already seeing these developments unfold. Thanks for a great spread! :)

Mystica7

Well this spread -which I couldn't resist trying anyway- has caused a lot of confusion for me.

I didn't pick up a particular question to begin with, but instead wanted to get a general picture of my life -and how the events may unfold as it stands for now-. However, don't the cards reflect the subconsicous -hence your primary concerns- and give you the answer anyway!

Since I didn't get a positive picture pertaining to the 5th-6th months, I started questioning again if FATE is really unchangeable and to what extent it is, since tarot well predicts the unavoidable!

When you don't know what actually you are dealing with, a negative looking card (signifying an event/a form of energy which may/is to take place some 5 months later) may mean anything!

I suggest avoiding such seductive spreads which solely pertains to the future and are outcome oriented then.

Things can and should be able to change, and pre-conditioning yourself is no good since the cards definitely have a self-fulfilling prophecy potential!

Acting proactive is really hard when you are not sure what exactly is the situation at hand pertaining to some point in the future.

(Despite this is a very detailed spread defining the transition points...)

Thanks for sharing, regardless.

Halloween

I suggest avoiding such seductive spreads which solely pertains to the future and are outcome oriented then.

Things can and should be able to change, and pre-conditioning yourself is no good since the cards definitely have a self-fulfilling prophecy potential!

This is very true, thank you for the reminder. I always make the grave mistake of putting too much stock in what the cards have to say. I should just manifest and be done with it, no ? :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Hemera

When you don't know what actually you are dealing with, a negative looking card (signifying an event/a form of energy which may/is to take place some 5 months later) may mean anything!

I think probably most of what you are saying here can actually be said of*any* tarot spread. There must be quite a few spreads with assigned cards for the future. Aren´t all spreads more or less "outcome oriented"?

There are no negative cards IMO. Any card can be negative and positive. I think we must have hundreds of threads here in AT about how all cards can mean all things. And yes, it is about your unconscious messages. That is what tarot is for me; an exchange between me and my unconsious self that is sometimes difficult to reach any other way.

I´m not sure what you mean with "negative looking cards" since it depends so much on the deck used and on our personal preferences. But if you mean the usual Death, Tower, Swords etc, I do not feel they are very negative at all. I recently asked about an important exam and how it will go. Someone here in AT pulled the Death for it and I admit I felt worried at first. Well, it has now turned out that the whole exam was postponed. There is not going to be an exam this spring which is a relief. (I get more time to prepare for it.) So the whole exam has "died" for now. Yess!

"Negative looking cards" are not always negative. And positive looking cards (i.e the Sun) can burn hard and be very negative indeed).

The thing about pre-conditioning is again something that has been discussed in AT many times. Tarot readings describe the *now*, how things will turn out if you continue on the path you are on *now*. But we always have free will and we can always change direction. The reading is a spot in time, that´s all. It is a window to how things may develop but you can always choose another window to look out from (another reading in another day, for example)

I am under the impreassion that actual pre-conditioning falls under Tarot Magic, which is actually a really cool thing. (There are a few good books on the subject). But I don´t think a tarot reading is pre-conditioning in that sense.

My point is, if you get a "negative looking card" for, say, July, you can always:
-ignore it
-do a new reading later, maybe with a different deck
-ask yourself what is going on in you life
-do a whole new reading for July, using the "negative card" as significator and ask for more advice in what to do differently
-avoid using any spreads and use the cards intuitively with no pre-assigned meanings
-maybe do some tarot magic (with positive cards, based on the self-fulfilling potential thing you mentioned)

I still think this spread looks good. I have not had time to try it yet but I´m sure I will. Thanks for posting this Halloween. :)

Halloween

I think probably most of what you are saying here can actually be said of*any* tarot spread. There must be quite a few spreads with assigned cards for the future. Aren´t all spreads more or less "outcome oriented"?

There are no negative cards IMO. Any card can be negative and positive. I think we must have hundreds of threads here in AT about how all cards can mean all things. And yes, it is about your unconscious messages. That is what tarot is for me; an exchange between me and my unconsious self that is sometimes difficult to reach any other way.

I´m not sure what you mean with "negative looking cards" since it depends so much on the deck used and on our personal preferences. But if you mean the usual Death, Tower, Swords etc, I do not feel they are very negative at all. I recently asked about an important exam and how it will go. Someone here in AT pulled the Death for it and I admit I felt worried at first. Well, it has now turned out that the whole exam was postponed. There is not going to be an exam this spring which is a relief. (I get more time to prepare for it.) So the whole exam has "died" for now. Yess!

"Negative looking cards" are not always negative. And positive looking cards (i.e the Sun) can burn hard and be very negative indeed).

The thing about pre-conditioning is again something that has been discussed in AT many times. Tarot readings describe the *now*, how things will turn out if you continue on the path you are on *now*. But we always have free will and we can always change direction. The reading is a spot in time, that´s all. It is a window to how things may develop but you can always choose another window to look out from (another reading in another day, for example)

I am under the impreassion that actual pre-conditioning falls under Tarot Magic, which is actually a really cool thing. (There are a few good books on the subject). But I don´t think a tarot reading is pre-conditioning in that sense.

My point is, if you get a "negative looking card" for, say, July, you can always:
-ignore it
-do a new reading later, maybe with a different deck
-ask yourself what is going on in you life
-do a whole new reading for July, using the "negative card" as significator and ask for more advice in what to do differently
-avoid using any spreads and use the cards intuitively with no pre-assigned meanings
-maybe do some tarot magic (with positive cards, based on the self-fulfilling potential thing you mentioned)

I still think this spread looks good. I have not had time to try it yet but I´m sure I will. Thanks for posting this Halloween. :)

Thanks for the advice and great insights, Hemera. :)