A Zodiac Oracle?

blue_fusion

Heh! I like the hot pants :D I was imagining an actual dog though!

I do think the Zodiacs are ripe grounds for interpretation. This might be a weird thought, but I could see a deck like this used for significators for readings done with other decks.

The tip of her staff has a dog. Lol I made them all "people cards" so that might work for your significator idea, though personally, I have yet to try doing a reading using two different decks.

I'm still wondering how zodiac signs will read in a reading. I'm toying with the idea that it has personality elaborations like when some people talk of tarot and go, "oh but the Magician also has this sly, charlatan side to him.", and incorporate this into a reading. Like, what if you get Virgo in the Strength position in a SWOT analysis spread - would it mean the querent is helpful, organized, or it if is in the Weakness position, s/he's a perfectionist to a fault? Just really thinking out loud (typing out, well, not so loud). :D

-Ly

blue_fusion

Some samples. I scanned the line drawings directly. Apologies for the drafting marks! :D The Male Capricorn is an example of one of the images which have Second Empire elements in them. Female Aquarius and Female Libra lean towards Art Deco more.

-Ly

Attachments

• SINING NG ZODIAC 001a.jpg
    SINING NG ZODIAC 001a.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 138
  • SINING NG ZODIAC 002a.jpg
    SINING NG ZODIAC 002a.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 141
  • SINING NG ZODIAC 003a.jpg
    SINING NG ZODIAC 003a.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 127

reall

OMG! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!XD

as expected from L!^^ lolz imo you don't need to worry about meaning!^^ every astrology sign have enough qualities to serve as any other good oracle card and those familiar with Astrology will easily find it's meaning and way to interpret!^^ and having f n m add jin jang quality so it's a big +!^^ lolz ;)) just do it and put it on GC and it'll sold out in sec!^^ lolz :)) imo you can work with any deck as any oracle just focus, draw 1 or3 cards and interpret by intuition!^^(all good seer need is a trigger to start a story and one good card can do that!^^ lolz :) I've seen some fantastic Art Astrology Oracle deck with just 22cards!^^(will add link later if I find it!^^:))) and rune have only 20something and serve perfectly well so no need to worry about that!^^:))

Edit here is link; http://www.bookdepository.com/Dream-Fairies-Inspirational-Cards-Bianca-Luna/9780738732398 my bad it only have 12 cards!^^ still on my wish list!^^ lolz:))

blue_fusion

as expected from L!^^ lolz imo you don't need to worry about meaning!^^ every astrology sign have enough qualities to serve as any other good oracle card and those familiar with Astrology will easily find it's meaning and way to interpret!^^ and having f n m add jin jang quality so it's a big +!^^ lolz ;)) just do it and put it on GC and it'll sold out in sec!^^ lolz :)) imo you can work with any deck as any oracle just focus, draw 1 or3 cards and interpret by intuition!^^(all good seer need is a trigger to start a story and one good card can do that!^^ lolz :) I've seen some fantastic Art Astrology Oracle deck with just 22cards!^^(will add link later if I find it!^^:))) and rune have only 20something and serve perfectly well so no need to worry about that!^^:))

Edit here is link; http://www.bookdepository.com/Dream-Fairies-Inspirational-Cards-Bianca-Luna/9780738732398 my bad it only have 12 cards!^^ still on my wish list!^^ lolz:))

Thanks. Know of any basic astrology resources? Like ones that list the personalities of each sign? I might begin elaborating card meanings from there. :D

-Ly

reall

https://www.astro.com/ my fav web page!^^ hope you find something interesting!XD
if it get's too complicated you can go with any popular gossip magazine horoscop page!XD lolz :))

elletx

Some samples. I scanned the line drawings directly. Apologies for the drafting marks! :D The Male Capricorn is an example of one of the images which have Second Empire elements in them. Female Aquarius and Female Libra lean towards Art Deco more.

-Ly
These are STUNNING. As a female dragon myself, I could certainly see using that as a significator... Or just as a deck itself!

blue_fusion

So I tried collecting write ups on traits and personalities of the signs and then attempted to convert these traits and personalities into more... cartomancy-friendly meanings (e.g. being obsessive compulsive into either a person with OCD or a situatiom which will require a keen attention to detail and a strict adherence to rules and order). It was quite a challenging experience. Lol

Anyway, apparently I also created a sample mock up for my website which features the female Taurus and snake cards. I have attached it to this post as well.

These are STUNNING. As a female dragon myself, I could certainly see using that as a significator... Or just as a deck itself!

That was actually one of my favorite illustrations in the series. :D

-Ly

Attachments

• SININGZODIAC_SAMPLES_001.png
    SININGZODIAC_SAMPLES_001.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 116