I would like to do a year spread... help?

Lula Jing

I've never done this type of spread before.

I've seen reference to astrological spreads but I don't really understand them!

I would like to do a circular spread, so could I just take Jan=1pm, Feb=2pm and so on?

Or, as it's my birthday tomorrow... perhaps I should I start with 9pm as card #1 and work round... finishing with next Aug at 8pm?

I would just love to see how this next astrological year might work out for me with a card per month.

I would then like to post in your readings for feedback.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Shy

mooncat2

Hi SP,

Look in the spreads index.....Zodiac spreads......there is a selection there.

Lunalafey's Astro Twist is great......I did it for this year and its really worked well. Need any help...please feel free to PM me.

rainwolf

There are different versions of this, I have used both, not realizing it:

One way is laying out twelve cards in a circle, each on showing a month in the future.

Another way (if you know astrology) is having each card representing a house in the next 12 months.

However, I have found that you either lose track beyond the 6th month, or circumstances in daily life change the future. If you have Dorothy Kelly's book Tarot card combinations, it shows a 'zodiac' spread where you lay out two cards per month, for 6 months in advance. I find that this spread gives a lot of information and is more accurate.

Lula Jing

Hi Mooncat2 - thanks for the tip on Lunalafey's Astro Twist. I think I looked at that but got a bit confused... I will read it again, but I may need your help!

Rainwolf: However, I have found that you either lose track beyond the 6th month, or circumstances in daily life change the future.

I see what you mean... 6 months is probably enough for greater accuracy. I don't have the book - but doing a pair of cards per month sounds like a good idea. Could you give me an idea of the layout? I might try it if I can't figure the Astro one above.

Thanks both!

Shy