How do i do a spread on a particular card?

earth mama

I need to do a spread on a particular card in a reading that i didn't understand. Does anyone have a good spread for this sort of situation?

Alta

You could reshuffle and then draw one to three cards as 'clarifiers'. Doing a whole spread on one card is possible, especially if it is a key position. But, I suggest that you expand the positional meaning for that.

Sorry, but since your question was so brief I had to speculate a bit in my reply.

earth mama

Sorry i;ll be a bit more specific. I was doing a reading for a friend the other day and received a court card in the outcome position. I wasn't really sure how to interpret it so i posted on the forum and was told that doing another spread on the card was a good idea. Hope that helps. Thanks.

tarotqueen

My advice is the same as the one Marion gave you!
First you could try to reshuffle, ask what is the meaning of the particular card and draw one card (max three)- Perhaps it will light up, or/and the whole spread might make sense to you...
This is my First- Aid if there is a illegible card in a spread.

love TQ

Bonnie

Clarifying cards

When one (or more) cards in a spread are difficult to interpret, I would advise drawing a single card for clarification (for each difficult card).

In your question, the card referred to was the "Outcome" card, which was further complicated by the fact that it was a Court Card. This seems to indicate that the outcome may be dependent on another person in the Seeker's life, or on some inner aspect of the Seeker themselves. In this case, the advice to take this card as the basis for another spread is a god idea, IMHO.

Even a short (let's say, three card) spread focused on "What do I need to know about this card?" would bring in a wealth of information.

Having said that, I would also advise the reader to look again at the other cards in the spread. Were they predominately of one suit? Were they predominately Major Arcana? Were there Aces (unmanifested energy) in key positions? Were there other Court Cards, and what positions were they in?

Going back after a day or two to review this spread might be a good thing. Taking a fresh look will bring in new information. You might also wantto turn this into a Comparative reading, by drawing the same cards from a second deck, and placing them next to the first cards drawn. A second deck, especially one where the symbolism is slightly different, will bring in new information also.

Wishing you well in this reading. :)

redfairy

just what i wanted!!

Hi all,
This advice is just what i have been searching for... very often we get cards that may not make full sense in the reading or there may be more than one meaning that you can attach to them, then, i feel the methods prescribed here would help greatly... gonna try it out right away... thanks.
hugz
red

autumn star

Hi .... there is a spread posted in the spreads index ... I have used it before on cards that I have difficulty understadning too ...

It was originally posted by rcb30872 ... called the What does (insert card) mean to me spread ....

rcb30872 said:
Here it is

1**********2**********3************4

Position 1: What influences does this card have on you?
Position 2: What are the strengths associated with this card?
Position 3: What are the weaknesses associated with this card?
Position 4: What is the overall meaning of the card for you?

also pulling clarifiying cards can be helpful too :)

Hope it's helpful, autumn star :)