What spread to use when there is no question?

lad

Maybe i should be posting this in the spread section of the forum but... i wanted to know, what spread do you use on people who have no specific question to ask? Does the celtic cross work for that too?

Thx alot
lad

knowledge griffin

With nothing in mind but when I really want to do a spread/someone wants a generic reading, I do the celtic cross due to it's detail, simplicity, and what I like to call the 'Oh!' factor. In other words how it reveals a lot of stuff you wish to know but might not already. I also recommend tarot.com as a good source of readings that if you put your energy into the reading, they turn out really well.

KG

tieduptinkerbell

The Path

I have found this particular spread to be helpful when someone does not have a specific question. I first saw this spread in the book that came with one of my decks called in Search of Unicorns, which is by the way a wonderful a beautiful deck.

It is an "ancient gypsy spread, and it reaveals the inquier's current path, taking into account the recent past elements, present sircumstances pertaining to health, family, friends, hopes and fears" and helps give a conclusion with an outcome card.

The inquirer is asked to shuffle the deck after it is shuffled by the reader ( I ususally encourage the inquirer to move them around all over the table and concentrate on hearing what the cards want to tell them rather than a specific answer to a question).

Then have the inquirer choose 10 cards...the book says 9 but I add a querent card to this layout...one of their random choices and leave the cards to tell the tale.

The cards are layed out so....

S/1....6.....7

S of course is about the inquirer
1. The outer self...how they are seen by the world.
2. The inner self...the persons true self...they may recognize some or all of
the observations...some might be new.
3. The future... pertaining to future influences...the author has found that
situations appearing in this spread usually occur within 6 to 8weeks. I personally have found that it can be up to a year...
4. The past...this represents past infulences that may have a bearing on the present situation.
5. Family....this shows how the family interacts with enquirer...also how they react to their family...how they infulence each other.
6. Health...this indicates the health of the inquirer at this time. ( I personally have had this show some really interesting things...actually pointing out cervical cancer cells in one of my friends...she thought she was totally fine...ended up going to the Dr. at my insistance..and that is what they found. Remember with this card to not jump to any conclusions for instance if they recieve a negitive card...Death does not always indicate dying.
7. Hopes and Fears...insight to feelings of the inquirer...and if there are fears...are they founded?...
8. Friends...this indicates if the inquirer is being helped or hindered by friends and social influences.
9. Out come...or summery. I have often laid a couple extra cards on this 7, 8 and 9 when I have needed them for clarity. My meathod is to not touch the deck after the inquirer has shuffled except to put them in a managable pile, and i pull the top card.

So I hope this spread helps.

Bell

MareSaturni

I like to use spreads in which the positions have no name. I make the spread as i read. It's very interesting!
Or use one of those 'big generic' spreads such as the Mandala or the Zodiac one...they tell everything (job, love, money, travel, creativity, etc.)

~Yuko

Moonbow

Hi lad

Welcome to Aeclectic and Tarot Spreads.

I tend to use the Pyramid spread, it has 10 cards like the CC but I think is an easier spread to remember, and works well for me.

Have a look at post #4 in this thread:

What spread should be used?

sharpchick

I use the Mystic Pyramid spread when I can't put my finger on what's bugging me.

1) Past
2) Present
3) Near future
4) What's really on the Seeker's mind
5) How others react
6) Obstacles/challenges
7) Likely outcome

Sulis

I use one very similar to Sharpchick's mystic pyramid.

7 card elipse spread:

1. Recent past
2. Present
3. Near future
4. (read this one last) The answer / advice / the querant
5. Surrounding energies
6. Attitudes / hopes / fears
7. Probable outcome

Another spread by Lark is a good one:

............1/2.............

1. Querant / inner (how they are inside)
2 (crossing 1) - Querant / outer (how they act on the outside)
3. Past
4. Present
5. Hidden influence
6. Advice
7. Probable outcome

Love

Sulis xx

Atcandela

Celtic Cross...

I've used this layout on quite a few occasions where there is either
no specific inquiry or just can't nail it down to one clear question.

I did this appox. 12am (PST) Oct 4th after a few hours of the new
moon being at it's peak. And was floored by the results of the reading
from my Gilded Tarot deck!!

The cards showed what has been happening in my life (not literally,
but close) come of late, and reaffirmed some of my thoughts towards
my career, myself, and relationships.

I feel if you are getting familar with a new deck (as I have with the
Gilded Tarot) the energy that is being directed into the deck can provide
some surprising insight on yourself and/or situation.

Just go in with a open mind and let the cards take over.. ;)

"A"

Julien

I use the horseshoe -- works like a charm, especially if reading for someone else. (for me, at least, I need at least a topic in mind if I'm reading for myself -- elsewise I can't get a handle on what the heck the cards are telling me). It's just like Sharpchick's, but instead of a pyramid, I make the cards into a pretty horseshoe... Just the way I learned the spread -- but the positions have the same meanings.

Julien