3 Simple General Spreads for Comined Tarot & Oracle Readings

Elven

Oracle & Tarot ~ “A Combined Reading”

Below are some ideas I posted for suggested methods using Tarot & Oracle in a combined reading for one of SOUL Gathering exchange reading Circles.

I will place a linked example here (as the readings are still in progress) - this will be put here after the 19th June when the exchanges have finished. :)

The placements for the 'Oracle' does not necessarily mean the use of just cards - as there are many different types of Oracles (such as Runes etc) which you would draw for the placements.

The Tarot & Oracle interpretations individually compliment each other - and collectively can give you insight on the reading overall.

These are General Advice Spreads:
You can choose the spread to suit the question or visa-versa.

These are just suggestions but ...
Method:
Tarot: MAJORS only, MINORS only or a Full deck.
Oracle: Full set or Deck.

The Reader chooses the combination of which Tarot & which Oracle they would like to do the reading with. (That is unless they don’t mind the Querant choosing the combination for them)

Simple Spread One:

..What hinders....Situation.....What Helps This....

------------------(1)------------------------- Tarot (Main factor)

-----(3)----------(2)-------------(4)----------Oracle (Advice)

……The (2) Oracle card crosses over the (1) Tarot Card ……

Spread Two:

..........Past.............Present...........Future......

--------(1)-----------(2)------------(3)---- Tarot Cards (Major Influence)

--------(4)-----------(5)------------(6)-----Oracle Cards (Advice)

Spread Three:

.....Present........Near Future.......Far Future.....

-----(4)-------------(5)----------(6)--------- Oracle Cards (Advice)

-----(1)-------------(2)----------(3)--------- Tarot Cards (Major Influence)

-----(7)-------------(8)----------(9)----------Oracle Cards (Hidden Factor)

Hope this come in handy :)

Blessings
Elven x

Colby

Hi Elven,

Thank you for your suggestions :) I really like spread 2 and have been considering doing something similar but not the same. I have the Goddess Tarot and the DV Goddess Guidance Oracles and was looking at how I could combine the two because I want to start offering Goddess Readings.

I've been thinking of just using the Majors from the Goddess Tarot and using them as the major influence and then advice from the specific goddess but I prefer to use the oracles as messages.

Thank YOU and thank GODDESS :)

Elven

Hi Colby :D

Sounds great, and I like the combination - lots of Goddess energy in abundance!

Thanks for taking time out to look and try the spreads. Have fun.

Blessing
Elven x

Colby

Hey Elven :D

I did the No.2 spread tonight and found that the 3 Major Goddess cards were sooooo accurate in the Past, Present and Future positions. I then pulled 3 Goddess Oracle cards for Advice.

I felt that the advice from the Goddess Oracles were more relevant to the Present and Future - would that be right? I felt that the past card was past, I've moved through that and now am in the present.

Or does the spread mean that the advice under each Past, Present and Future cards are the advice for that issue?

It truly is amazing how accurate the reading was. Thanks again for this spread :)

Nicole :D

Apocalixe

Hi Elven

I would eliminate the Past card when using the combination "Tarot/Oracle" because you don't need "advice" for the past, and I would also eliminate the far future on the last spread. Usually the oracle doesn't work very well on far future matters, but only for the present and the near future (no more than 3 mts) . Of course this is my personal opinion, I could be wrong.
Blessing

Elven

Hi Apocalixe :)

Thaks for the reply.
I know everybody has a different interpretation regarding spreads, and I think thats the purpose of these spreads as well - to be able to use them as a basis, or a springboard, which means you could add to them or subtract from them, depending on a number of different variables, like the question, or type of Tarot and type of oracle.
Some of the purpose of the simplicity and general nature of the spreads also relates to those who may not have tried the combination before as well. I think the spreads a good starting point.

But just some of my thoughts on your post ... I'll try an explain my process :)

Apocalixe said:
I would eliminate the Past card when using the combination "Tarot/Oracle" because you don't need "advice" for the past

The past advice depends on a few things, mainly what wisdom is contained in the past which is expressed in the card for the seekers contemplation? Past present and future (IMO) exist simultaneously and interactively - they are our 'stream' of consciousness - and I guess the past/present/future streams through the reading, but it does not necessarily mean we dont repeat past lessons or have similar situations come about.
If the past 'advice' cards can illuminate and make us aware of the decisions which have brought the future and present into being, then it is basically the springboad from which the situation was launched.

It is not 'necessary' though, if it is not wanted to take the advice or the cards 'speak', but these are 3 card reading positions, and they can easily be shaved into a 2 or 1 card reading as well :)

and I would also eliminate the far future on the last spread. Usually the oracle doesn't work very well on far future matters, but only for the present and the near future (no more than 3 mts) . Of course this is my personal opinion, I could be wrong.
Blessing

Near or far future depends on the perception of time, and to each person this can differ greatly. I read for a client whose far future is next week - near future is tomorrow for her :p.
It is also about choosing the spread which is most compatable for the question and aligning the Tarot and the Oracle to suit the question, if thats what you want to do as well. If the question doesnt require a far future, then maybe another spread is more appropriate to reveal the answers, or as you say, to take the 'far future' placement from the spread.

Though, through reading and journalling, I can generally pick a timing or season or associate a marker for the events coming about - signposts as I call them - but everyone is different, and I think it depends alot on what Oracle and Tarot cards are drawn for the reading as well, and how they are interpreted by the individual reader.

Thanks for the comments and taking a look at the spreads!
It helps other people understand the different ways people can do the readings too :)

Cheers
Elven

Apocalixe

Hi Elven

Elven said:
Hi Apocalixe :)

Thanks for the comments and taking a look at the spreads!
It helps other people understand the different ways people can do the readings too :)

Cheers
Elven

...And thank you for being so clear on your explanation. I will keep it in mind.