Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

gypsiejones71

Tarot of the Elves. I have found no use for it and can't remember what it was that made me order it..
I could never read it for others and I would not like it read for me.
I've been clinging to it in case I find some use for it at some point (at the risk of sounding like a hoarder!)

ValerieReikiLMT

Tarot of a Moon Garden, I had really high hopes for this deck, it was cute and reminded me of some really great 70's artwork. Unfortunately, I can't read the "Staff" suit, all the cards look very similar. I also tried interviewing the deck, and we don't seem to get along very well.

JenWt43

I wish I had not purchased any deck with witch, wicca, or pagan in the title. :( My expectations as a pagan must be unrealistic, because I have been disappointed in all of the ones that I have bought or seen. (Same with several faery/fairy decks - the exceptions being the Froud's Faeries Oracle and Magic Realist Fairytale.)

Emberlyn

I just bought my first deck- the Dark Fairytale Tarot Deck and I have to say I am completely disappointed! I like the artwork and all- it is dark like me ;) but, because I am learning- I don't think that was the best choice. I will keep the deck and use it later on, but I am going to order a new deck a.s.a.p. I was thinking the Gilded Tarot.

carteblanch

Definitely The Hermetic Tarot, it's ugly, the illustrations are graceless, and I think the title was deceptive.

VGimlet

Healing tarot is the latest. You know, I bought it without even thinking about it because I really like the artists' other work. When it arrived I was pretty disappointed. I have become more picky about the decks I buy, and I guess it was a good reminder to take a deeper look before I spend my money. :(

mmmagique

I bought Nefertari's Tarot years and years ago because it was so pretty and mysterious (to me) I was new to tarot anyway, and that deck did not help. It makes me mad just thinking about that deck. *lol*

martyn_uk

Law of Attraction Tarot. Really doesn't seem to make ANY sense!

Starshower

The uber-pagan Wildwood and the charming, quirky Dreaming Way.
Both great for their audiences, but not for me. I need to put them up for trade.

lilangel09

I wish I hadn't bought the Universal Fantasy.

It's quite fantastic in all regards. I like the creativity and everything. However, I'd never use it as a reading deck.

I also wish I hadn't bought the Magic Manga.

It's cute and charming but way too whimsical for me to connect with on at least 25% of the cards.

Also, the Vampire Tarot by Place.

Great intellectual research on the vampire mythology, but I find the card stock and size awful. The courts are also strange. I love the images and concept, but it's quite difficult to get around.

I've had some beneficial experiences with some of these decks, but in the end, I don't want so many decks. Especially, those I don't read much with.