The Art of Lenormand Reading by Alexandre Musruck

Astraea

I ordered Alexandre Musruck's book on the Kipper through Lulu (thanks again for the reminder, Padma) and will share my thoughts about it after I've had a chance to work with it. It's 300-plus pages, so it promises to be meaty - especially in view of the fact that English-language readers are pretty much limited to the Mystical Kipper's LWB at this point.

Alexandre's tone is warm and friendly, and his Lenormand book shares those qualities with his videos on YouTube. He knows what he's talking about, though the Lenormand book has formatting and editing issues - passages left out, passages repeated. Rana's book is much more detailed and she leads the reader through a thought process that really works (for me, anyway) - but if she had not written it, I think Alexandre's book would be widely recognized as a sturdy English-language guide. Andy's book is excellent, as well. Maybe the Kipper will see a similar blossoming of texts - hope so!

Padma

Awesome! I look forward to your review. If it is a good book, I will purchase it as well :)

The Happy Squirrel

I ordered Alexandre Musruck's book on the Kipper through Lulu (thanks again for the reminder, Padma) and will share my thoughts about it after I've had a chance to work with it. It's 300-plus pages, so it promises to be meaty - especially in view of the fact that English-language readers are pretty much limited to the Mystical Kipper's LWB at this point.

Alexandre's tone is warm and friendly, and his Lenormand book shares those qualities with his videos on YouTube. He knows what he's talking about, though the Lenormand book has formatting and editing issues - passages left out, passages repeated. Rana's book is much more detailed and she leads the reader through a thought process that really works (for me, anyway) - but if she had not written it, I think Alexandre's book would be widely recognized as a sturdy English-language guide. Andy's book is excellent, as well. Maybe the Kipper will see a similar blossoming of texts - hope so!

What Padma said :) I have been eye-ing this Kipper handbook ever since someone recommended it.

PS: Astraea, do we look up a Kipper section somewhere in this (sub)forum to check back on what your thoughts are about this book...? I could have sworn I saw a thread on Kipper somewhere, but can't find it now...

The Happy Squirrel

I do find with Youtube videos, it is a very subjective choice, because it has to be a person whom we like. Or at least, we have to like and click with how they explain things!

Oh I like The Truth In Story very much for tarot and oracle cards :)

The Happy Squirrel

Why do people do that??? I've never understood it. I get that people grow tired of making videos and want to move on, but why erase the legacy? Malkiel had such great videos!

My educated guess is that his cartomancy channel might not be productive to his new career path. I am totally guessing! Because I googled him after I found out his channel was gone :)

Astraea

Astraea, do we look up a Kipper section somewhere in this (sub)forum to check back on what your thoughts are about this book...? I could have sworn I saw a thread on Kipper somewhere, but can't find it now...
If you go to Advanced Search and search on Kipper in the Oracles subforum, you'll find lots of threads and posts about the Kipper cards. That's where discussion about the Kipper book would go, I think.

onesun

Alexandre's tone is warm and friendly, and his Lenormand book shares those qualities with his videos on YouTube. He knows what he's talking about, though the Lenormand book has formatting and editing issues - passages left out, passages repeated.

I found Alexandre warm and agreeable too. His youTubes could use some polishing though in my opinion. Between my awful hearing and his heavy accent, not so easy.. can't remember if he tried to use background tunes.. omg, some these backyard video makers would be better off no music, period. imo. But found his website some bit of time previously and was met with the same confusion and morass of stuff to wade through to get to whatever I was looking for. I hope his book isn't near that bad... kinda sounds like it, sadly.

Astraea

I found Alexandre warm and agreeable too. His youTubes could use some polishing though in my opinion. Between my awful hearing and his heavy accent, not so easy.. can't remember if he tried to use background tunes.. omg, some these backyard video makers would be better off no music, period. imo. But found his website some bit of time previously and was met with the same confusion and morass of stuff to wade through to get to whatever I was looking for. I hope his book isn't near that bad... kinda sounds like it, sadly.
Alexandre's YouTube uploads aren't polished - but now that Malkiel's videos are gone, and with Donnaleigh going to brief Instagram-style clips, there are very few channels grounded in Lenormand and Kipper (Hexe-Claire's is a good one) - so I hope that Alexandre will develop a fuller presence in those areas. I think he knows his stuff, and his book isn't bad at all - if it had been published ahead of Rana George's, I think it would have enjoyed a greater following among English-language readers. It's not as clear or in-depth as Rana's and he didn't enjoy the benefits of having a publishing house behind him, with professional editing and formatting.

Barleywine

I don't have a lot of patience with YouTube presentations. So many of them are obviously "home-made" and are so painful to sit through because of the agonizingly slow pace that I find myself using the slider to skip ahead. I've only managed to complete a very small handful of them. I will rely on the opinions of the people here before I subject myself to that again.