Grand Etteilla book trans English?

earthair

Hi
Can anyone recommend some good books in English to help with the history, card meanings and how he designed Grand Etteilla Egyptian Gypsies please? And also a book about Alliette's life and occult studies?

kwaw

If you do a search there are some great threads, with timelines and translations, on site here.

earthair

Are there any translations of the San Emeterio or Darche books?
I was hoping for real books rather than online because I'm getting a lot of migraines when I read online for more than 5 mins now.

gregory

You can copy/paste on line stuff into word and print it off.... I do it all the time. Excuse me while I go read my infancy gospels :D

Barleywine

You can copy/paste on line stuff into word and print it off.... I do it all the time. Excuse me while I go read my infancy gospels :D

I did quite a bit of this when I created my reference binders, especially for Lenormand. Unfortunately I missed doing it with Lisa Boswell's Etteilla blog before it disappeared. Hmm, I wonder if it's on the Wayback site.

gregory

I did quite a bit of this when I created my reference binders, especially for Lenormand. Unfortunately I missed doing it with Lisa Boswell's Etteilla blog before it disappeared. Hmm, I wonder if it's on the Wayback site.
Most of it doesn't seem to be (just testing now...)

ETA however - using google, there seems to be something on her FB page that says she has migrated it all.

Hi there everyone!

This post is to inform you all that I removed my lisa-boswell.com
website. I am sad to terminate my 3 year long relationship with WordPress and Go Daddy but I am relieved to be able to move on from the problems caused by the site. I could never quite get the site’s design how I wanted and there were some buggy problems with the site which, despite numerous attempts, just could not be fixed. There were many things going wrong with the website which gave me the impression they were ‘signs’ all was not going to work out between it and myself.

Many of the posts on my old site which people find useful (such as the Etteilla stuff) I have copied over to my new site. Without giving too much away, I wish the site to be very education geared. What I am trying to create now I had dreams of creating last year but I thought the project was too big for me to pull off; now I have decided to go for my vision. I wish my site to be more community focused as opposed to being about me as an individual. I am working with various people who can help to pull my dream into reality which is exciting stuff.

I have a launch date in mind but I will have to see how it coincides with things I am working on for the book, Tarot for Prediction. Unlike with my last site, i don’t feel horrible pressure to get it up and running. I am actually enjoying the process this time round and, oddly, things seem to naturally be working much faster unlike my last site which was an agonising battle lol

While my site is getting done, permissions granted, covers designed, I will be posting divination tips to my social networks and slowly transitioning them over to be more ‘we’ less ‘me’. Now I can see what I truly wanted is coming together, I honestly haven’t been happier business wise and I am so happy you all are on this journey also.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day folks x

ETA some more - is this the stuff of hers you wanted ??

http://www.forprediction.com/blog/

earthair

There's a gap in the market here for an English language book on Etteillas methinks. I could print it off, but dammit I wants a nice chunky book with piccies and that new book smell! Is that too much to ask? :p