Favorite Extant TdM?

shaveling

My Lo Scarabeo Burdel. Hilted swords, fleurs de lys on the coins, and a left-handed Ace of Swords. I love it all. But I'm looking forward to the facsimile Burdel, too.

Krystal Mystic

My favorite Marseille deck is the Dodal. I love the images on the cards. I have the US Games version, which is not exactly faithful to the original in all details, but I still like it. I plan to buy JC Flornoy's Dodal as soon as I can afford it. My dream is that someone will produce another facsimile copy of Dussere's Dodal at an afforable price.

delizt

Pierre Madenié & the Robeldo

mrpants

Noblet 4 life. I'm with LRichard on this one. I really want more cleaned up re-issues, if you will, of the old decks. The facsimiles are really neat, but I don't want to read with them, so much. I would love to see a redrawing of the Vieville, and the Burdel, though. (For those cartiers out there, reading this!)

P.S., that Madenie facsimile, though!

Gulliver

Another vote for the CBD. :)

Richard

Another vote for the CBD. :)
I vote for the CBD, Grimaud, and the ISIS. It bothers me a little that the CBD was especially designed as a companion deck for Yoav's excellent book. That's just a personal hangup due to my not accepting Yoav's reading method, because otherwise it is an excellent reconstruction of the Conver. My liking for the Grimaud is mostly because of its bold rendering of the images and its historical importance. The ISIS speaks for itself. I don't like the imagery of the Dodal, but if I were to obtain a copy of the Flornoy Noblet, it would have an honored place in my sacred not-to-be-used decks.

delizt

For me, I adore the facsimiles, some of the cleaned-up versions seem too cold to me...

however, I do adore the Noblet!

Gulliver

I think it could be a bit OT, or not?
Ok, I wanted to say, it's interesting, how different we humans are! What you said, Delizt, I really can feel, what you mean. But for me the reverse is the case: I get a cold feeling if I see the facsimiles. The creators (of the old ones, not of the facsimiles) often haven't been very attentive I think. They had to produce very fast and I read, the inaccurate colour-lines have been a result of child labor. The facsimiles wasn't thought to be for divination, they are a bit arbitrarily for me. Whereas the CBD (I don't know another new TdM in reality) for me is full of heart and soul (that's the result of the care of its creator I think).

Wendywu

The Noblet is my main reading deck and although I do use others - the CBD and ISIS, and I plan on working with the facsimile decks this year - for me the Noblet has such character and is such fun that I find my hand drawn to it even at times when I fully intended to reach for the Vieville or Tarot de Paris (the Sivilixi facsimile editions).