4-Count Breathing Spread

1Eleven

4-Count Breathing / Meditation Spread

For years, I have used this method of breathing to become centered and relaxed in almost any situation. For those not familiar you simply breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 4, exhale for 4, hold for 4, repeat -- I realize there are many variations of this but I chose 4 since the 4 in numerology deals with using order, system and structure to "get things done" and build a solid foundation.

I figured why not take this a step further to enhance my daily meditation so I created this simple, 4 card spread to associate with this breathing exercise.

I draw 1 card for each breath or hold. (inhale - hold - exhale - hold)

Card 1, Inhale, What do I need to breathe in and be more open to receive?

Card 2, Hold, What do I need to embrace?

Card 3, Exhale, What do I need to release into the Universe?

Card 4, Hold/Outcome, What do I need to embrace as the potential outcome?

The layout can be whatever you'd like but I use 1 row: 1 2 3 4

After drawing these cards, I focus on each while using the 4 count pattern for a few rounds and come back to it throughout the day. This can be repeated any time you're feeling a little off or just want to take a few moments to relax. I personally keep these in my notebook (I use Evernote for this) and reflect on it at the end of the day to see how things progressed.

Enjoy!

nami

Oh, I love this! I love that you not only themed it around breathing and there's a bit of numerology involved. It has a balanced feel to it as well. This looks like it'll be very useful for meditation. I'll be trying this out in the future. Thank you for sharing.

1Eleven

Nami,
I'm glad you find this useful, thank you very much! Have fun with it.

EternalBeauty

This breathing spread was really amazing. Incorporating the 4 counts for the 4 elements certainly brought balance. I did this in the morning and came back to it during the day when I needed too. Together with my meditation this was eye opening for me. Thank you for sharing. Keep creating and posting powerful spreads!

1Eleven

Thank you for giving this a try and for your feedback!

KajsaMaria

For years, I have used this method of breathing to become centered and relaxed in almost any situation. For those not familiar you simply breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 4, exhale for 4, hold for 4, repeat -- I realize there are many variations of this but I chose 4 since the 4 in numerology deals with using order, system and structure to "get things done" and build a solid foundation.

I figured why not take this a step further to enhance my daily meditation so I created this simple, 4 card spread to associate with this breathing exercise.

I draw 1 card for each breath or hold. (inhale - hold - exhale - hold)

Card 1, Inhale, What do I need to breathe in and be more open to receive?

Card 2, Hold, What do I need to embrace?

Card 3, Exhale, What do I need to release into the Universe?

Card 4, Hold/Outcome, What do I need to embrace as the potential outcome?

The layout can be whatever you'd like but I use 1 row: 1 2 3 4

After drawing these cards, I focus on each while using the 4 count pattern for a few rounds and come back to it throughout the day. This can be repeated any time you're feeling a little off or just want to take a few moments to relax. I personally keep these in my notebook (I use Evernote for this) and reflect on it at the end of the day to see how things progressed.

Enjoy!

Wow this is truly great stuff - well done for making it up & sharing it. A one of a kind spread <3

1Eleven

Wow this is truly great stuff - well done for making it up & sharing it. A one of a kind spread <3

Thank you very much! I hope it's helpful for you.

Jon