Yes or no answers

Ateni

hey everyone! I have a question: how to interpret reversed cards meaninings answering yes or no questions? I've not found a lot of information about it and most of the time a lot of pages give just upright cards meanings:/ so maybe if upright card means yes, reversed would mean no? or perhaps the position of card does not influence the answer?

Barleywine

I know that some people see reversal as an automatic "no" regardless of the meaning of the card itself. I don't use reversals in a "black-or-white" sense, and I don't do single-card "yes-or-no" readings in most cases, but if I did I would see the reversal as qualifying the upright meaning rather than overturning it. Maybe in a "Yes, but . . ." sense for an encouraging card or a "No, not unless you . . ." way for a discouraging one. More as cautionary or advisory than predictive.

CrystalSeas

Hi Ateni, and welcome to Aecletic Tarot.

I'm moving your topic out of the "New Members" forum to the forum "Talking Tarot", which is more appropriate for this kind of discussion.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this

headincloud

hey everyone! I have a question: how to interpret reversed cards meaninings answering yes or no questions? I've not found a lot of information about it and most of the time a lot of pages give just upright cards meanings:/ so maybe if upright card means yes, reversed would mean no? or perhaps the position of card does not influence the answer?

It depends how you set the question, if your wish is to read cards where the upright means yes and the reversed means no then set that as your intention before you draw and it will work but the pendulum is much more suited to the job.

Cards are best used to look into a situation then from that info you may be able to define a yes or no answer. To start it's best to get a grasp of rote meanings of rx cards and go by that rather than framing a yes or no question so for example if someone asked will I marry this man you may want to frame a question 'overview of the relationship' from which you could see if there is any possibility or potential. Truly teach me tarot is an informative site.