The Transparent Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you so much, Deckster, Aprilfool, Inana, Meewah and Shishkeberry,(good name!) :)

In response to your question, aprilfool, the borders on the images I've shown aren't quite finished. I've been showing them as approximations so that people can see how the images work, but that is well spotted!

The final border will have the number of the card, as you have seen it, with a symbol denoting the suit on the opposite column, (which I haven't done yet). As I have to keep the cards as simple as possible, the same numbers will be overlayed, but there's nothing to stop you, once you have the cards, picking them up and looking at them, to see exactly what you have in the mix! The general idea, though, is to read from the combined image/s and the impression they give.

Hope that makes sense! :)

Many Blessings,

Em xx

nicki

This deck just keeps getting better!! I haven't had a look at this thread for a few days and the progress it astounding, i'm in awe at how its taking shape. Well done

nicki

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks Nicki! :)

All this support is very motivating, thank you all so much xx

AprilFool

Thanks so much for your reply! The overlaid numbers make sense for simplicity, and the suit designation on the right side is perfect!

Once again, this is obviously very well thought out. You truly were inspired, it would seem. And to be able to artistically execute an inspiration so that the rest of the community can share it with you is positively brilliant.

Don't complete it so fast you burn out on the quality you've shown so far.

We're willing to wait....

..... even though we all seem to be chomping at the bit! ;)

Voron

nicki said:
This deck just keeps getting better!! I haven't had a look at this thread for a few days and the progress it astounding, i'm in awe at how its taking shape. Well done

nicki

Ditto.

The two's are amazing. I love how the 'higher' energies (fire and water) are standing and overlap, while the 'lower' more down-to-earth energies (air and earth) are seated and overlap. I don't know it that was intentional or not, but it's symbolically excellent.

So, are there going to be any special or *extra* cards...?

Annabelle

The more cards I see, the more I fall in love with this deck. It's the most original tarot concept I've seen in a long time - and it's a joy to see it so carefully and so beautifully executed. I raise my :CL to you, Sidhe-Ra.

Voron

Just one thing...

Sidhe-Ra-

Sorry, but I gotta be a Virgo and point out the *one* thing that bothers me. Please thake this as what it is -- my opinion, and disregard it if need be.

After looking back through all the images, I've noticed that the Lovers card just seems a bit 'off'. I love it conceptually, but the shape of the heart 'bothers' me somehow. It seems too long -- the bottom point comes down too far, distorting the shape and leaving the yin-yang feeling unbalanced and hanging at the top. I find myself wishing the bottom of the heart more closedly framed the central symbol, with a more 'traditional' heart-shape.

Once again, this is just my own opinion (which seems to me akin to aesthetic nit-picking), but I felt obligated to offer you my honest feedback.

Keep up the incredible work!

Cocobird55

Please add me to the list -- I would love one of these!

Sidhe-Ra

Star

Thanks guys!

And thank you for the honest opinion of the Lovers, Voron! I'll bear it in mind when the deck is finished, and see how it fits with the rest of the cards. My feeling for now is that it will work better as it stands,(I'm quite fond of it, and it frames other cards nicely), but I'll bear what you said in mind.

Today I have completed the Star, so here it is, and as usual combined with a few other cards as an example.

Many Blessings,

Em x

Attachments

• Star.jpg
    Star.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 17+18+1+2pent.jpg
    17+18+1+2pent.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 191

rachelcat

Amazing and Beautiful!

and Original! This deck just gets better and better with every card!