exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

rogue

Another beautiful card Ash. I like your Judgement too. Keep up the good work.

sweet_intuition

They are stunning... just like your soul

sacredashes

The Chariot

Removed on 27.12.2007

sacredashes

The Hanging One

Removed on 27.12.2007

rogue

Wow this new card is cool Ash. The Chariot is awesome too. Very profound symbolism in both. I feel quite privileged to get to watch your vision take shape. That's one hell of a first dreamcatcher. This has to be my favorite card yet. I just love spider webs. They are so beautiful in their design and symbolism. What a card. You are great Ash. The meaning embedded in the design of this card blows my mind, it works on so many levels.

sacredashes

lampkin said:
That's one hell of a first dreamcatcher.

I was hoping you would approve, not exactly what you thought I'd do but I'm glad the hermit from Skull Mountain liked the dreamcatcher. :)

lampkin said:
I just love spider webs.
I know you do.. they're just gorgeous aren't they?

Ash

rogue

Your Hanged Man reminds me of my Universe, in that both have the spider web. They say that when people get a tattoo of a spider web on their elbow, like people often do in prison, it symbolizes a feeling of being trapped. There is much more to it than that of course. Your card also links to my version of the Hanged Man because mine is also directly linked to my Universe symbolically. I love the way you used it. This card really speaks to me, probably more than any other card you've done so far. By the way, I like that metaphor Skull Mountain. Do you have to take the crystal ship to get to the Glass City?

sacredashes

The Glass City sits atop a red rock which floats aimlessly along with time. It sheds broken fragments of the past along it's journey and people who live on it try to heal the broken pieces with crystalized sand borrowed from other places.

It's really sad when we lose our memories along with bits of our past, we cannot remember who we were or where we came from. So those who remember the days long gone shed tears that turns to ice while; those who remember not their names whore away their heritage for dust collected from distant lands.

The Glass City looks pretty from a distance, gleaming when the sunlight hits it just right but it is a city as lifeless as it's namesake.. haunted by ghosts of those who built it with blood, sweat and tears.

J, this city is one of beauty if you have eyes made of plastic and ships that sail here carry the burden of the One-Eyed-God along with Slave-Masters to entice the children to a life of perfect servitude.

What saddens me most is that the children embrace these Masters and call them God;all the while selling bits of the city their forefathers built to the ones who would whip them bloody.

Tell me about Skull Mountain, dear friend... What is it like over there?

sacredashes

Please excuse my melancholic lament...

I think there is discordance still in my world, J.. please excuse me if my song of lamentation disturbs you. It will pass in time.. I am sure of it. :)

There are a lot of similarities in the way we view the cards, which is perhaps why the delivery of it resonate closely through the symbolism used. Did you know, I bought a Thoth today.. I felt it's time to collect the soul twin of the Haindl deck. For some reason, I find these 2 decks carry similiar vibrations.

Ash

sacredashes

Death

Removed on 27.12.2007