can anyone give me a spread to avoid danger?

Ambience

This is to avoid a dangerous person and to find out if the person is dangerous etc.

Thanks x

WhiteWolfy

Hi Ambience and forgive me if i am stating the obvious - 99.9% of the time you don't need to use spreads, just ask a specific question, throw down 3 cards and get a specific answer. Maybe that will give you more of a clearer answer. Just some thoughts and wishing you well x

Chiriku

Identifying Danger Spread

This is to avoid a dangerous person and to find out if the person is dangerous etc.

Thanks x

I dealt with an unbalanced person in the not too distant past but I knew ahead of time that they were so and that they were not "safe." If you have to question if a person poses a threat, chances are that they do. However, here's a spread for you--note how we cannot assume the person in question is a danger.

Identifying Danger Spread

by Chiriku

1- What threatens me? --This is the general root of what threatens you on an emotional/mental level. e.g. "My fear of change" e.g. "the jealousy of others"
2- What keeps me secure? (mentally, emotionally, or physically)
3- Who are my allies?
4- What situations or people should I be wary of?
5- Advice on how to proceed with caution

Chiriku

Hi Ambience and forgive me if i am stating the obvious - 99.9% of the time you don't need to use spreads, just ask a specific question, throw down 3 cards and get a specific answer. Maybe that will give you more of a clearer answer. Just some thoughts and wishing you well x

This is a matter of personal preference. I disfavor the "three cards with no positions" method. Some people take to this like a fish to water and are able to spin coherent narratives out of three positionless cards (see, for example, the Robert Place method)....However, quite a few people on this forum who are in the beginning stages of learning (i.e. first few years of studying tarot) use this method simply because they see others around them using it, despite the fact that they struggle to get clear answers from it. For those people, I recommend either:

(1) spreads with predetermined positions, such as the one I offered within this thread,

or

(2) the deconstructed spread method-- i.e. ask one specific question and put down ONE card to answer it; ask a second specific question, and put down ONE card to answer it; and so on and so forth until all your questions are answered. Again, this is in essence a spread, just deconstructed into one-by-one questions and answers.

In general, I feel the "throw down a few cards without positions" method should, by default, be avoided unless the person has had a great deal of practice and knows that they are comfortable with and ADEPT at this storytelling approach to reading. Many people continue to use this method even though they are by no means adept at it and then wonder why their answers are never clear.

Ambience

ok i'll give you abit of insight.

This guy my other half works with said... in the past few days..

If you ever want me to help get rid of your girlfriend let me know. By this i want to know if he is serious- or if he is saying this in jest. This guy is currently behaving like a psychopath talking about all sorts of weird things that make him appear quite dangerous.

Whether he is just playing up to this already conceived image people have of him or whether he is indeed lacking in empathy to the point that he could inflict harm i don't know. He has been violent previously but not to the degree i'm talking about.

I'm really concerned this person could either harm or kill someone my boyfriend loves or cares about. He wouldn't do this whilst ever my other half is doing what he wants him to be doing.

They are in business together and there was some question over whether he poisoned my other half on his previous birthday. He has been lying about things and it is obvious, but i'm wondering if it is just all talk- or if there is any serious threat to either of us or anyone we care about. Not sure how best to tackle the wording of the question.

Any thoughts?

Thanks x

Chiriku

Not sure how best to tackle the wording of the question.

I think it's best to word the questions in an open-ended fashion so as to avoid coming to your own conclusion and asking one-way-street questions of the tarot.

I would sit with the deck and say, "The subject of this reading is potential danger to me and my boyfriend" and then I would do the above spread I offered, which consists of several specific questions the tarot will answer.

Ambience

Great thank you this is really helpful and i will try both approaches. x

WhiteWolfy

This is a matter of personal preference. I disfavor the "three cards with no positions" method. Some people take to this like a fish to water and are able to spin coherent narratives out of three positionless cards (see, for example, the Robert Place method)....However, quite a few people on this forum who are in the beginning stages of learning (i.e. first few years of studying tarot) use this method simply because they see others around them using it, despite the fact that they struggle to get clear answers from it. For those people, I recommend either:

(1) spreads with predetermined positions, such as the one I offered within this thread,

or

(2) the deconstructed spread method-- i.e. ask one specific question and put down ONE card to answer it; ask a second specific question, and put down ONE card to answer it; and so on and so forth until all your questions are answered. Again, this is in essence a spread, just deconstructed into one-by-one questions and answers.

In general, I feel the "throw down a few cards without positions" method should, by default, be avoided unless the person has had a great deal of practice and knows that they are comfortable with and ADEPT at this storytelling approach to reading. Many people continue to use this method even though they are by no means adept at it and then wonder why their answers are never clear.

Well i disagree, i believe that a specific question with cards thrown down will answer the question asked. No spread required... so different strokes for different folks... :)

Chiriku

Great thank you this is really helpful and i will try both approaches. x

You're welcome/ Good luck

Well i disagree, i believe that a specific question with cards thrown down will answer the question asked. No spread required... so different strokes for different folks... :)

That's right--as I said, personal preference.

Obviously if you are getting clear and useful answers, you are adept at 3-card positionless spreads. A great many people who are not adept at them stubbornly cling to this technique despite being confused by the results.

Ambience

Probably if i read the cards via intuition and my own personal insight in any position rather than referring often to book meanings and just memory i'll get alot more insight, but i'm afraid to do that at the moment, as i'm worried what i'll find.

Thankyou i've done a spread and it doesn't indicate this person is dangerous and i can't see any correlation with them being dangerous, but every part of my cells are saying that this person is potentially life threatening. How very odd.

x