Thoth Tarot Survey

What is your opinion?

• Thoth is a great Deck.

Votes: 131 69.3%
  • Thoth Deck shall be burned, ripped into pieces, buried, pulverized...

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I do not understand Thoth, therefore will refrain from judging

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Why so much noise about it?

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • I like the cards, but Crowley's shadow is disturbing...

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • It scares me

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

ravenest

And lets not forget:
3 cheers for Frieda!

archer1

Its a great deck. The art work is just fabulous. It is in the top two of my favorite decks the other is The Golden Dawn magical tarot ......

Thanks

RaeBelle

I think the art work is amazing, I couldn't stop looking at them when I bought the deck. But I can't connect with the cards and have this feeling Crowley's shadow is the reason why. It's upsetting really, because the cards are so darn pretty.

tink27

Thoth is a great deck! The colors, symbols, artwork and wisdom reveal many levels of experience, individually and collectively! Although new to the Thoth I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

tink

Abrac

The Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot is a deck for anyone whose heart is on the left-hand path but whose conscience will only let them tread the right.

-fof

p.s. I voted Other

manda78

I Love My Thoth!

Thanks, Uncle Al, Thoth is awesome! ^_^
Manda
Wow- I like your thought there fof- I think you just described me exactly. Scary!

Sidhe-Ra

I was just looking through my Thoth again tonight. I love it, more and more! I love the artwork, the colours, and the more I understand about tarot, the deeper I love the Thoth. :)

ravenest

fools_fool said:
The Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot is a deck for anyone whose heart is on the left-hand path but whose conscience will only let them tread the right.

Could you explain that further please FF?

Abrac

ravenest, Crowley was the product of a very restrictive upbringing. As a result, much of his work is characterized by a schizophrenic and contradictory quality. While he criticizes those he calls, the "black brothers," he himself is notorious for engaging in activities most people would (and did) see as sinister. It's as if he is trying to escape his past, yet he never quite accomplishes it. Hidden (and not so hidden) between the lines of most of his writing is a staunch contempt for Christianity or moralistic restriction of any kind. Yet he always stops short of proclaiming allegiance to the sinister side. I believe his conscience would not allow it though it is obvious he desperately wanted to. This is reflected in his Tarot, in my opinion.

-fof

gregory

I love it.

I have no problem with Crowley either - but even if I did, art works do not have to be judged by the nature of the person who created them, or there would be loads of unreadable books. (Alice in Wonderland. The poetry of Philip Larkin. The plays of Joe Orton. Etc etc etc)