Finish the book first or start practicing!!!

Cosmotaroist

I have been using the RW deck and doing reading everyday....But now since I have moved on to Thoth, I have been studying and reading about them....yet havent done any decent spreads yet.....I have read up to the point where DuQuette was discussing about the small cards...Its really tempting to just skipp over reading the small cards and do the readings....I am ready to mix up my deck!! Do readings and if meanings unclear then refer back to the book, what do you think?

Lillie

Hi

Start practicing.

Start now!

books help, but this sort of thing needs to be done.

Your idea is great. Start shuffeling them cards and if you get stuck, refer to the book.

Also I would suggest that you do small spreads, just like three cards, or something like that.

It give you less to concentrate on.
It's easier to get sense out of three. More tend to be confusing, especially if you are new to the deck.

Good luck with it.

thinbuddha

I agree with Lillie-

You can always refer back to this book (or another) as a reference, but nothing will replace actually working with the cards yourself to find out what they mean to you.

-tb

Cosmotaroist

Alright!! Thanks people!! I am proceed with my 3 card spread now!!

Lillie

Yay!

Go for it!

Edge

Nothing and I do mean NOTHING replaces "hands on experience". Bond with those cards my friend. :)