DruidCraft Tarot... Seven of Swords

Becky_UK

he does look like he could use a cup of tea! :)

any thoughts on this card reversed??

sapienza

I don't use reversed, but if I did.....maybe overcoming a mental block. Being stuck and then coming up with a solution to the problem. Or.... realising that your thoughts and plans have been futile, or if the upright is about getting weighed down in your mind, it could be a realisation that this is the case and therefore overcoming it?

Arania

I get the impression of someone who has taken on more than he can handle in the form of his writing project. Others expect too much from him as well, simply because he usually was up to it all, but now he is getting old and tired.

But maybe that's because I feel the same way right now.

6 Haunted Days

Has anyone else had the thought that this is The Hermit holed up in his stone castle turret reading, reasearching and meditating on magical/spiritual things into the deep night?

He looks very intense and perhaps he is concetrating on a journal entry? Or a page in his grimoire? He is thinking and thinking deeply, perhaps stumped for a moment (we usually rub our heads like that when were stymied).

I just love this image, perhaps it really reminds me of me! :)

coyoteblack

I have not made that connection yet . But it looks interesting maybe that is why I like htis 7 of swords more then any other. The only other 7ofS i even remotly like is the alchemical one.

6 Haunted Days

Yes, for me too the Hermit is always a top favourite, always was (and has always come up in my readings frequently from the time I started) and then much later I find out it's birth card :)

HoneyBea

I really like the Druid Craft 7 Swords because unlike some of the other RW Colones it doesn't suggest deviousness in an outright way, but more in a way to rethink actions. 7 in my number system has come to mean to me wisdom, insight, gaining personal confidence and growth. Now if we just look at these swords in this card, three of them are laying across the table this could be representing reflection, consideration of matters while four of them stand upright which may just indicate some of the pressure one could be under.

Now the question you have to decided when you see this card appear in a reading, and of course that would depend on pds, and surrounding cards, is its message one of suggesting innovative ideas coming to the fore and with it progress, or is one using their intellect to gain them an advantage, which could be applied in a cunning, scheming or unscrupulous way, to manipulate things to get what you want.

However the overall meaning in this card is a caution to consider the consequences of any action that you may take, before you take it.

The Druid Craft is one of my favourite decks.

spiritsofthewolf

I do not do my cards in revers, I just kind of go with whatever positive or negative vibes I am getting at the time I am reading the card...but this is what I see in this card:

1) seven - magic, spirituality, research.
2) swords - Air, thinking/intellect, pertaining to the mind.
3) he is a scribe - a intelligent person.
4) one is trying to finish something (a project maybe).
5) trying to figure out something that one might find troubling.
6) It is late at night and he is with his studies - hard worker.
7) he looks tiered, but he does not stop - pushes through until the end.
8) my be trying to "figure out the riddle to life"
9) moon gives feminine energy and the candle masculine - balance