3-Card: Issue, advice, outcome

Red Emma

I've been using the Issue, Advice, Outcome spread for two or three months, as suggested by someone in AT. However, the cards seem to be taking charge. The cards which appear don't seem to follow the Issue, Advice, Outcome concept, but instead tell their own story. It's more like, 1) Issue, 2) then this will happen, 3) and the outcome will be xxx.

Does anyone have any comments on this?

emily2otters

this happened to me, too... i used to do a three card daily reading that was 1) inner forces 2) outer forces 3) best advice. after a few weeks, it became obvious that the cards were not going to be limited in that way. :) now i just throw a few cards and look to see how they interrelate, which ones seem to jump out, which ones are looking at each other, etc.

jog1118

i've read this somewhere and believe it to be true based on my own experiences with my readings:

when doing a reading the following may happen:

1. cards cannot be read no matter what you do - a higher power is saying that it is not yet time for the querent to know

2. a totally "out of the question" (or in this case an "out of the spread") reading comes out - a higher power is saying that the querent should prioritize the said "out of the question/spread" reading instead of his initial question

:smoker:

Trogon

Hi Red Emma,

I've occasionally had readings which didn't seem to "fit" the position meanings in the spread. At first this tended to really throw me... in fact the first time it happened I tried to "force" the card meanings into the reading I had expected (this was a few years ago). The result was a very poor reading which the person I was reading for was disappointed in - it was her second, and last reading by me. Not quite a disaster for either of us, but it definitely didn't work out very well.

Anyway... I have found that, for me, the best bet is always to "go with the flow". Let the cards tell me what they need to tell me. To me, this is very much along the same line as getting a reading which doesn't seem to fit the specific question asked. The person you're reading for probably needed the information they got as it was a deeper issue.

Elle

Sticky New Spreads

I have had the same experience with icky spreads telling me information that doesn't fit the prescribed position. Should one force it? Hmmm...I believe in the "go with the flow" position, but this raises another question - if one wants to use specific spreads or interesting/different ones, how best to glean the information? I know this sounds like a circular argument...
Elle

dolphinprincess

I have similar problems, which I posted in another thread..

but, I'm finding the best thing to do is use your intution. If something doesn't fit, read it the way you feel it is meant.. BUT ~ always make note of the original positions, etc.. That way you can refer back and perhaps at a later date something will make sense that didn't at the time....