Vedic Study Group

firecatpickles

So far we have:

Fire Cat
Minderwiz
Aulruna
NamasteIndia
Libra8ca

Are we using both books or the Sutton one?

I really like the idea of the software package that comes with the Bloomfield, so I will probably get both.

We may want to start memorizing the Indian names for the planets, at least, and perhaps the houses and or signs names? Just a thought...

firecatpickles

NamasteIndia, when I open your Word document, none of the columns seem to align correctly, making it nearly impossible to decipher which names fall in which columns.

Thought you should know...

NamasteIndia

Fire Cat said:
So far we have:

Fire Cat
Aulruna
NamasteIndia
Minderwiz

Are we using both books or the Sutton one?

I really like the idea of the software package that comes with the Bloomfield, so I will probably get both.

We may want to start memorizing the Indian names for the planets, at least, and perhaps the houses and or signs names? Just a thought...
I have the Parashara Light Software which is supposed to be the best s/w for vedic astrology

NamasteIndia

Fire Cat said:
NamasteIndia, when I open your Word document, none of the columns seem to align correctly, making it nearly impossible to decipher which names fall in which columns.

Thought you should know...
sorry for that
i have changed the document
i have many such documents i will upload them from time to time.

Libra8ca

I'd be interested in participating too. However, I don't have a lot of time to devote to this but I have studied Vedic Astrology on my own quite a bit so this should not be too difficult. I already have tons of books on it and I'm pretty familiar with the terms. I have Komilla Sutton's book but not the other one.
Maybe someone should have a look at this book (How to Practise Vedic Astrology) first before deciding to go with it just to see how it's written. (just a suggestions).

firecatpickles

I will probably buy both books.

Welcome, Libra8ca!

And thank you Namasteindia :D

Aulruna

My Bloomfield has arrived, and also Astrology of the Seers by Fawley (which I got because it is one of very few books on Vedic Astrology that is available in German). Still waiting for Sutton.

WyrdRaven

I'm interested too! So far I have Vedic Astrology by Ronnie Dreyer and Beneath a Vedic Sky by William Levacy. I definitely want to get the books you've listed in the links. (The software that came with BaVS was very limited).

May

Thanks for initiating this!

I'm in too... My dad knows astrology so we can get his expert views from time to time if required.

I've tried learning earlier with little luck, will be more committed working with a group.

firecatpickles

Welcome WyrdRaven & May!

Other points-of-view are certainly welcome. And we aren't discrediting or discounting other sources by any means. The textbook by Sutton, that NamasteIndia suggests, is simply the study guide we will be using, as a matter of having common ground and a jumping-off point for our book-study discussions.

As I had mentioned, I was interested in getting the other book for its software, but the Parashara software seems to be a better fit, as well.

Here is our updated list:

Fire Cat
Minderwiz
Aulruna
NamasteIndia
Libra8ca
WyrdRaven
May
aranaose

Please let me know if I've skipped anyone.