Aries

KMilliron

Not exactly "fluent" in astrology speak, but I had a question, figured you kind folks might be able to help.

Aries is my sun sign, and I did one of the atrsolabe charts (the free kind, I'm cheap) and I got quite a few aries. Sun mercury and venus. Just wondering if there's any major significance in that.

Just curious as to what it may mean.
Much thanks
-KM

lilangel09

If you're still around:

It means that you have a somewhat strong expression of the sign Aries. If these signs are conjunct, the expression is even stronger. Your ego and your thoughts are expressed in an Aries manner, and when it comes to love or money, you have tastes of an Aries.

What this means:
Sun in Aries - strong leadership ability, independent, pioneering, inspiring, action-oriented, assertive
Mercury - fast, direct, and/or assertive speech; also may drive this way; may have or often get burns/injuries on the hands
Venus in Aries - likes people with qualities of Sun in Aries; likes what Sun in Aries likes; loves passionately, loves the chase; likes to dress and be on the go; may like hats or military/warrior stuff; may spend money like water or make impulsive purchases

Minderwiz

Firstly it's not surprising that Mercury and Venus are in the same sign as your Sun. Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the Sun, and Venus never more than 47 degrees - That means that Mercury can only be in the same sign as your Sun or in one of the two adjacent signs. So for an Aries Sun, Mercury is either in Aries, or in Pisces or Taurus. For an Aries Sun Venus can be in any of those three signs or possibly in Gemini or Aquarius. The most likely results though are Mercury in Aries and Venus in Pisces, Aries or Taurus.

Signs give planets what is called essential dignity, depending on where they are placed - Sun in Aries is in exaltation and is viewed as being strong. Venus on the other hand is in Detriment (Venus is in the opposite sign to it's rulership of Libra) so is essentially weakened.

However sign placement by itself is only one of a number of factors that should be taken into account (called accidental dignity) - such as the planet's placement by House, it's position relative to the Sun (sometimes called it's phase relationship by modern writers but is perhaps best explained more simply as whether it rose before the Sun, or set after the Sun). Other factors would include it's speed and direction (whether retrograde of direct).

Liliangel09 is right to draw attention to whether the planets are in conjunction (very close together). A simple modern approach would be to say that these three planets add Fire to your overall element balance and that is reflected in the short summary liliangel09 gives. A traditional approach would be somewhat different, as the Sun is evaluated not by element of it's sign but by the season of the year - Sun in Aries is Vernal and is seen more as Sanguine or Airy. Mercury and Venus are traditionally evaluated according to their position as morning or evening stars - without your chart I can't directly tell you the answer to that.

Finally, even on the modern approach which is simpler, there's always the caveat that assessment requires a consideration of the whole chart - there are other planets, whose placements may outweigh the characteristics indicated by these three planets.

If you want to post your natal details (date if birth as dd/mm/yy, time of birth and place of birth )I can give you more information.

KMilliron

Just now noticed responses to this. Haha, was looking through threads I started.

@Lilangel- Yeah that all sounds pretty accurate. I have so many scars on my hands its not even funny.

@Minderwiz- I did one of those atrsolabe things, would that help?

Minderwiz

KMilliron said:
Just now noticed responses to this. Haha, was looking through threads I started.

@Lilangel- Yeah that all sounds pretty accurate. I have so many scars on my hands its not even funny.

@Minderwiz- I did one of those atrsolabe things, would that help?

Well it's easier for me if you supply your natal details - then I can draw up the chart to my own specifications.

Time of birth in the format HH:MM

Date of birth in the format DD/MM/YY (international format)

Place of birth - town/city/area and country.

If you don't want to make these public just drop me a PM

KMilliron

Minderwiz said:
Well it's easier for me if you supply your natal details - then I can draw up the chart to my own specifications.

Time of birth in the format HH:MM

Date of birth in the format DD/MM/YY (international format)

Place of birth - town/city/area and country.

If you don't want to make these public just drop me a PM
Haha I DARE people to try and stalk me. :D

14:37 04/18/1993
Westfield, NY United States.

Much thanks, I'll owe you a reading or two. ^_^

Minderwiz

KMilliron said:
Haha I DARE people to try and stalk me. :D

14:37 04/18/1993
Westfield, NY United States.

Much thanks, I'll owe you a reading or two. ^_^

Thanks for the info - I'll get back to you once I've done the chart and had a think.

Minderwiz

Brief Outline

I use a Traditional approach, so there's no consideration of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, nor of minor aspects.

The Aries placements are fairly strong but overall are offset by other placements, to create a reasonable balance. Your 'temperament' is a mixture of Choleric (Fire), Sanguine (Air) and Phlegmatic (Water) - the latter coming exclusively from your Moon placement. Choler and Sanguine are the two dominant ones, which are a potential explosive mixture but are quelled by the Moon cooling things down. The missing humour is Melancholy (Earth) and this might well point to a lack of structure in your life - BUT, you have Saturn on the Descendant, the planet of melancholy but in dignity in Aquarius, which suggests that you have the capacity to structure and to think scientifically, though I think that is more likely to be learned than a natural part of 'you' and indeed may conflict a little with your 'normal' view of life - like many you have to learn self-discipline and this probably comes out of relationships.

You have two dominant planets - Sun and Saturn which sextile each other. The Sun is slightly the weaker of the two but is your Ascendant ruler, You need to make real use of Saturn, as your Mercury is rather weak, it will help provide discipline to your logical and rational processes.

Your Moon is also not particularly strong, so that ability to cool down and let Saturn's logic and scientific approach come to the fore, is not going to be easy to express, especially as the Moon represents instinct and reaction and adaption - all that Saturn is not. Nevertheless it's something to work on.

KMilliron

Minderwiz said:
I use a Traditional approach, so there's no consideration of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, nor of minor aspects.

The Aries placements are fairly strong but overall are offset by other placements, to create a reasonable balance. Your 'temperament' is a mixture of Choleric (Fire), Sanguine (Air) and Phlegmatic (Water) - the latter coming exclusively from your Moon placement. Choler and Sanguine are the two dominant ones, which are a potential explosive mixture but are quelled by the Moon cooling things down. The missing humour is Melancholy (Earth) and this might well point to a lack of structure in your life - BUT, you have Saturn on the Descendant, the planet of melancholy but in dignity in Aquarius, which suggests that you have the capacity to structure and to think scientifically, though I think that is more likely to be learned than a natural part of 'you' and indeed may conflict a little with your 'normal' view of life - like many you have to learn self-discipline and this probably comes out of relationships.

You have two dominant planets - Sun and Saturn which sextile each other. The Sun is slightly the weaker of the two but is your Ascendant ruler, You need to make real use of Saturn, as your Mercury is rather weak, it will help provide discipline to your logical and rational processes.

Your Moon is also not particularly strong, so that ability to cool down and let Saturn's logic and scientific approach come to the fore, is not going to be easy to express, especially as the Moon represents instinct and reaction and adaption - all that Saturn is not. Nevertheless it's something to work on.
All that sounds pretty dead on with my personality. All stucture in my life is pretty much of the hand made assortment. The only terminology I didn't understand was "sextile." That and I'm curious as to what exactly makes planet dominant.

I'd really like to get into astrology, but I'm clueless as to where to start. Should some money come my way I'll definitely invest in some beginners books. Lots of help Minderwiz, I owe you!

Minderwiz

KMilliron said:
All that sounds pretty dead on with my personality. All stucture in my life is pretty much of the hand made assortment. The only terminology I didn't understand was "sextile." That and I'm curious as to what exactly makes planet dominant.
!

Thanks for the feedback. In answer to your two questions:

A sextile is an aspect, that is an angle of separation between two (or more) planets. A sextile is a separation of 60 degrees, in this case betwee 28 degrees Aquarius Saturn) and 28 degrees Aries (Sun). Sextiles are seen as easy or facilitating aspects because they are between planets in signs of the same sect. Sect is either diurnal (Fire and Air signs) or nocturnal (Earth and Water signs). In this case the signs are diurnal being Aries (Fire) and Aquarius (Air).

Sextiles are the weakest of the traditional aspects, falling behind Conjunction, Opposition, Square and Trine. However in this case the aspect is very close with both planets being in the same degree of their respective signs, (usually there is some leeway in aspects)

The strength (dominance) of a planet depends on two broad factors, it's position by sign and it's position in the chart (House position).

In your case:

The Sun is in Aries, where it is in exaltation and the triplicity ruler of the Fire signs by day (yours is a day or diurnal chart). It's also placed quite strongly in the ninth House.

Saturn is in Aquarius, where it has rulership (Neptune MAY have associations with Aquarius but rulership is not based on association) it also has triplicity rulership of the Air signs by day. It is also angular being conjuct the descendant. Both by sign position and by House it is a little stronger than the Sun.