I'm Looking For...(help please)

KristyRex

I'm looking for any spreads that deal with Gaia (earth) in general, reconnecting someone with her, strengthening someone's bond with Mother Earth, and simple grounding spreads.

if you have any of your own, or know of where I can find them, or have any suggestions please let me know. It's very important that I find these.

Thank you.

T.K.

Chiriku

I imagine that any of the many goddess-based spreads would fill your need.

I would go to the bottom of the site page, click the Search link which takes you to the advanced search options, type in "goddess," choose "titles only" in the drop-down menu, and then make sure you have highlighted ONLY the Tarot Spreads forum from the lists of potential forums. Then click Search.

You can do the same for the word "grounding."

KristyRex

I imagine that any of the many goddess-based spreads would fill your need.

I would go to the bottom of the site page, click the Search link which takes you to the advanced search options, type in "goddess," choose "titles only" in the drop-down menu, and then make sure you have highlighted ONLY the Tarot Spreads forum from the lists of potential forums. Then click Search.

You can do the same for the word "grounding."

Thank you for responding. I've done that for grounding, and couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm not sure the goddess search would help either but I'll give it a shot. I'm guessing all the spreads would have to be modified to fit my needs, so I'm still hoping someone knows of any that were simply made for Earth in the James Lovelock sense.

Thanks again, though. I haven't gotten much help with my latest posts, so I am grateful.

Chiriku

Thank you for responding. I've done that for grounding, and couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm not sure the goddess search would help either but I'll give it a shot. I'm guessing all the spreads would have to be modified to fit my needs, so I'm still hoping someone knows of any that were simply made for Earth in the James Lovelock sense.

Thanks again, though. I haven't gotten much help with my latest posts, so I am grateful.

You're welcome. To be honest, "grounding" is a pretty amorphous concept; maybe if you explained in more detail what you meant by it, more people would have spreads in mind.

As for the earth-based ones, I wonder if Joanna Powell-Colbert, the creator of the Gaian Tarot, would have any spreads on this subject on her site or blog. I believe she updates those sites frequently. www.gaiantarot.com

KristyRex

You're welcome. To be honest, "grounding" is a pretty amorphous concept; maybe if you explained in more detail what you meant by it, more people would have spreads in mind.

As for the earth-based ones, I wonder if Joanna Powell-Colbert, the creator of the Gaian Tarot, would have any spreads on this subject on her site or blog. I believe she updates those sites frequently. www.gaiantarot.com

Well, I'm looking for grounding spreads because they can be modified, or simply slight tweaked, in order to give me the perfect Gaia spread. So, I'm looking for spreads that connect you/your energy to that of the Earth (i.e. Grounding).

As far as Powell-Colbert goes... I don't want to offend anyone, or lose the respect of her fans simply based on my opinion. But I just don't like her work (her deck). It doesn't appeal to me, even if it's themed around my life's work, I simply don't connect with the deck it despite it's purpose. It bugs me.

I did look at her sight, and searched her blog, but I didn't find any spreads. I suspect that she's probably holds on to them for her e-courses and workshops.

Chiriku

Many people don't like the Gaian deck. I don't like it enough to buy it, so I suppose I am in that camp.

I do not personally think in terms of grounding in my own life but I am very elementally-oriented, which is a default connection to the earth. It sounds like you are looking for something that's almost a spell or ritual of sorts, even if you don't use those words.

Here is a spread along those lines:

.............................4..........................5...............................

----------------------- -Ta-- 1 ---Tb--------------------------------------------------------

............................2..........................3..................................

* Arrange cards in a circle to represent planet Earth with card #1 and two talismans at the center.

Ta= a talisman to represent you (a hair of yours, a picture of you, an important personal item like a ring)

Tb= a talisman to represent the earth (a piece of clay, or four items to represent the elements like a bird feather or piece of incense or shell, cup of water, etc...)

1- ME-- this card represents you as you currently relate to the Earth/Gaia
2- Earth connection: May I open myself to this sensation or physical experience that I may be more connected and grounded
3- Water connection: May I open myself to this emotion or emotional experience that I may be more connected and grounded
4- Fire connection: May I open myself to this creative or spiritual impulse that I may be more connected and grounded
5- Air connection: May I open myself to this idea or communication that I may be more connected and grounded
6- What I draw from the Earth (a source of strength, security, comfort)
7- How I may give back to the Earth

If all else fails, you can always create your own with a position to represent every step in the specific grounding process you seek.

best of luck