Revealing Names Through a Spread

sereia

I looked for a thread on this, but didn't see one (except a French alphabet one that is kind of but not really what I was hoping for). Since I want to be a professional reader one day, I've recently been looking at several websites of readers in my area to see what kind of things they offer and such (looking at my "competition" I suppose, lol!). One site was completely dedicated to love and relationships, and they promised many things from their readings, including specific names of the people involved in your question without you having to say anything. I don't mean to sound skeptical of their business, but how do you reveal a name from a tarot spread? I understand about revealing personalities, but the exact name...do you need to be a tarot reader and psychic too? Or is there symbology in the cards that can suggest a name?

I just ask because I'm not sure if being able to say names in a reading is what a tarot reader should be able to do for his/her clients, or if it's okay not to be able to.

danieljuk

I don't think you can get names from tarot and maybe they come from a psychic connection. I would be really sceptical though, I have never seen or been to a professional who could get that amount of accuracy! for me I have had approx years or time and a possible star signs of people in a reading but never names!

with that amount of accuracy you think they would be the most popular reader with the highest prices in the world, I am a little sceptical :)

Chiriku

The reader could have a personalized system wherein he or she has pre-assigned each card to a letter of whatever alphabet he or she has chosen and this enables the reader to string together words based on the cards that come up in a reading---or based on a separate alphabet reading altogether, one that's included in the price of the main (i.r. substantive) reading.

Otherwise, I agree with danieljuk that it's either down to the reader's own personal psychic/channeling abilities, or else false advertising.

sereia

I see. Well, as long as that isn't expected of all tarot readers, I'm not too worried about it then. Even though I want to become a tarot reader, I've never actually been to one myself! Isn't that ironic? I just love the cards and the "in the moment" atmosphere. I think I should try out a few tarot readers myself to broaden my senses though, if the price is right. :)

Phoenix11

I have been to psychic readers that were able to pick up names... they weren't tarot readers, rather advertised as psychics.

My tarot teacher told me occasionally he will pick up names but it's rare and it doesn't come from the cards, it's his intuition. He is a very well-known reader in my area and has been on television and helped solve crimes, so if it's rare for it to happen with him, then I don't think it's very common.

danieljuk

I see. Well, as long as that isn't expected of all tarot readers, I'm not too worried about it then. Even though I want to become a tarot reader, I've never actually been to one myself! Isn't that ironic? I just love the cards and the "in the moment" atmosphere. I think I should try out a few tarot readers myself to broaden my senses though, if the price is right. :)

if they have some system to get names they are quite amazing!
but I wouldn't worry about it, its exceptional rather than the norm :)

good luck with your tarot service! if you are worried about the competition get a reading from them or send someone you know to get a reading and see what they actually offer! quite a few people do that to find out what the competition is and what they charge ;)

sereia

That's interesting! Stop me if this is too off topic or I should start a new thread, but what does everyone here think about being psychic? Do you think it's an ability that everyone is born with or only a select few are gifted with? Do you think it can be "learned" or "molded" (I guess I mean in a way where you start small and with exercise are able to use it)? I would definitely say the ability is beneficial in many ways!

shells

Intuition and psychic abaility are often lumped together, but I see them as two different things. I'm of the opinion that intuition is something that everybody has, an instinctive skill (like athleticism or language) that can always be developed significantly with time, intention and practice. I see psychic ability as a gift not everyone has, and even if you do, its not something that can necessarily be developed.

Chronata

I remember a weird little method that my friends developed many years ago...it was a little clarification process...to figure out who a card in a particular reading was referring to...

It was determining the first letter of a name by deciding on a random card(whatever popped in their head first) then they would shuffle the deck and go through it card by card, naming each letter of the alphabet until it came to the card.

If they wanted an extra letter or two from the name they would repeat the process using the next card in sequence.

It was interesting...and still to this day, I don't know if it was truly psychic, or wishful thinking...but they were accurate about 85% of the time.