Book of Law Study Group 1.1

cardlady22

I looked up "manifestation" in my synonym finder. The words that jumped out at me are declaration, unveiling, symbol, token.

For some reason, the trial/inquiry scene in Contact comes to mind. Ellie says, "I had an experience . . ."

Always Wondering

Scion said:
Where is Aeon?

Yes, I'm missing him too. Not that it isn't wonderful to hear from you, Scion.

It figures, just as it gets good I have a heavy work week. Going to scheldule ample chewing time this evening.

AW

Grigori

Abrac

I like this picture of Nuit from the Book of Doors Divination Deck. I like how it illustrated the ideas of concealing and manifesting.

Nuit

Grigori

Cardlady's thesaurus gave me the idea to paraphrase the sentance, to remove the pseudo-egyptian god-names and instead focus on possible variants of the meaning.

Had! The manifestation of Nuit

Now! The manifestation of Forever.
Here! The manifestation of Everywhere (or nowhere).
The Particle! The manifestation of the Wave.

Or play with it a bit more..

Now! The unveiling of Forever. (my favorite so far)
Here! The expression of Everywhere.
The Particle! The token of the Wave.
Now! The meaning of Forever.
Here! The materialization of Everywhere.
The Particle! The mark of the Wave.
The Point! The purpose of Space.
and so on.....

Jeeze, only the first line and I think I already blasphemed :laugh:

Grigori

Aiwass said:
Had! The manifestation of Nuit

Scion said:
Nu! The hiding of Hadit

similia said:
Is there any significance in using the name Had, instead of the name Hadit.

Maybe it serves only to link these two lines together.... Just a thought while re-reading this thread.

cardlady22

cardlady22 said:
I looked up "manifestation" in my synonym finder. The words that jumped out at me are declaration, unveiling, symbol, token.

Reading through again, my eye is drawn to the first letters of the words:
D U S T

star dust, pixie dust

The dust disperses and accretes to form physical things we can see, then they explode/disappear. The "lag time" between the happening and the observation.

All the stories of sprinkling faerie dust on something to make it able to do what you will/want. Is it *making* it do this magical thing, or is it bringing out an ability that was always there?

ETA: Pretty wild that it was 4 words, now that I see the descriptions about her hands and feet.

Grigori

I was thinking of posting the image of the Star card from the Crowley deck, as its another illustration of Nuit. And the thought occured to me, where is the card for Hadit?

Remembering this thread about Yod (the Hermit) being the Secret Fire, I wonder is it possible that the Hermit is also Hadit? Hadit would be well equated with Yod, the smallest "point" in the Hebrew alphabet, and the primary male principle in the tetragramaton. Nuit would obviously be the primary female principle and the Heh (the shape of both letters fits the illustration of these gods on the Aeon card quite well also). Hence Crowley's switching of Heh and Tzaddi, based on the BoL.

Maybe this just repeating what Scion already pointed out about Hadit being the father who impregnates mother Nuit and is also born as her Son. And I am just very slow to make the connection :laugh: Most likely. So anyway, here are the images.

Attachments

• Hadit.jpg
    Hadit.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Nuit.jpg
    Nuit.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 224

Always Wondering

similia said:
This seems a pretty simple sentance, but when I sat down and thought about it, I had/have a whole heap of questions. The first thing I realized, is that although I had read this line a dozen time before, I had no idea what "Had" was. Never even thought about it! Is this "had" the verb. Or is "Had" a title, or a name, or what is it?

I did some googling also and found this
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Hadit
Which says "The short form of his name, Had, forms the central syllable of the word of the Aeon, Abrahadabra."
I don't know enough about the subject or that site, but it is an intresting idea.

AW

ravenest

similia said:
This gave me a wonderful idea Kat (well I think so at least :laugh: ) Could we look at Nuit as being Time (including past and present) and Hadit as being Now, the thing at the centre that all other Time revolves around and through? It's an idea that I find appealing at least.

Yeah, that's a good one. Also Nuit as the space/time (potential) continuum and Hadit that is any event that occurs in it.

Hadit is the centre of everywhere (in your 'heart' or in the centre of the sun) a bit like a seed that contains all the future genetic development of an individual. Nuit is the boundary of nowhere

But if Had is the manifestion of Nu, then Had must be Nu ?