Clow Cards Revisited.

Myrrha

Cards arrived! I really love them. Card stock and finish are excellent. The size is much better for divination than the regular or miniature Clow cards.

Stagecraft_kid

Wow, thank you guys. I really didn't think anyone would actually buy them. I'm glad you guys like them.

Alta

I really do like them. The look of your take on the images sold me from when you first started posting them. The printers did a nice job with printing and card quality, too.

WhiteWolf66

Nice job! I really like look and size of this deck. I have never used the original deck but I have seen it and was turned off by how big the cards were. I believe I will order this deck. Thank you for your brilliant work,

WhiteWolf66

Just ordered. I am really excited about these. :)

Myrrha

People buying these might not know that there are a couple of different sources for background information on the Clow cards and their powers. You can read them completely intuitively as they are very concrete and make a lot of intuitive sense. For people who want a little more background here are a couple of links:

The Cardcaptors wiki tells which cards are under which element or attribute (The Light, The Dark) and what powers each card has, how it behaves, and and how Sakura captured each one. I found this very helpful in reading with the cards.
http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Clow_Cards

There is a translation of the Clow Card Fortune Book here:
https://clowcard.wordpress.com
If you use these interpretations you will probably want to flesh them out with your own intuitive meanings especially when it comes to putting the cards together. The book also has some simple charms that can be done with the cards.

Amelia13

Been creeping and following this thread for quite some time now! Just ordered the deck can't wait to have these! It's really difficult to lug around the original cards in a small purse lol I'm really glad you made these. The stain glass style is also just as stunning.

WhiteWolf66

My cards arrived today and I am thrilled with them. The card stock is very sturdy with a smooth finish. I am able to shuffle them any way I like without any difficulty. The line art and color work is very well done. Stagecraft_kid you did an excellent job with these.

Myrrha, thank you for the links. As I am a bit older than most of the Animé and haven't watched too much personally the information is much appreciated.

CalicoStonewolf

I just ordered a set of these, been following for a while. My set should arrive Tuesday, looking forward to it. I was thinking of making a custom box, but wanted to know what your inspiration was, like a certain art style type, or a certain frame of mind? I'm curious because I'd like to design something that would fit this set.

Stagecraft_kid

Clow Cards with playing card symbols

I redesigned the cards once more using their playing card associations. This design is very minimalist. You can see the new thread for it here