New Custom Tarot Deck Sales Tool

The Game Crafter

Been a while since I've browsed on GameCrafter, but I just want to say "Thank You!" for adding the ability to keep a wishlist. It was a much needed feature.

You are quite welcome.

Alta

It is a beauty, I backed this originally and have a copy. Lovely work.

charming-liz11

I know The Game Crafter has a bunch of Accolades and badges for getting a game reviewed, and you're able to send games to other game reviewers, or there are contests/challenges.

It would be great if there was more of those for Tarot Decks. Such as, for example, an accolade saying the deck has been reviewed, or has blank-many stars on Aeclectic Tarot; or from other popular reviewers that have been shipped a copy of the deck. I find peoples' reviews are what really convince me to fall in love with a tarot deck or look into it more.

The Game Crafter

I know The Game Crafter has a bunch of Accolades and badges for getting a game reviewed, and you're able to send games to other game reviewers, or there are contests/challenges.

It would be great if there was more of those for Tarot Decks. Such as, for example, an accolade saying the deck has been reviewed, or has blank-many stars on Aeclectic Tarot; or from other popular reviewers that have been shipped a copy of the deck. I find peoples' reviews are what really convince me to fall in love with a tarot deck or look into it more.

That's one of the reasons I started this thread. I'm looking for reviewers of Tarot decks, but so far I haven't had any takers.

earthair

You could really help sales by changing the layout of the initial Tarot page, where the same few decks get all the publicity for being new or having most accolades, but the rest drift off into obscurity after a while. It seems like TGCs theory of making money is by trying to get multiple sales from 1 deck, whereas you might make more money for everyone if the sales were spread amongst all your designers :confused:

Try having a randomly generated 'selection of the week'?

Also, like many people I didn't get that the new low price would be generated at the end of the week, it sounded more like when you crowd fund.

However, if I'd just bought a deck full price and then it went on special offer and I saw people getting it much cheaper the following week, I'd be very annoyed. This may in turn cause people not to buy it UNTIL they hope it goes on sale. This would not benefit the deck designer.

As for reviews, Tarot is waaaay too individual for reviews to mean anything. I look at the artwork, I either find it resonates with me, or not. I'd be happy to review decks, but I don't think my opinion would help anyone decide whether they like it!

Take the Fergus Hall Tarot of the Witches- the reviews on Amazon slaughter it- but it's still on USG catalogue after years and years, so obviously it makes them money, and I love that deck.

The Game Crafter

You could really help sales by changing the layout of the initial Tarot page, where the same few decks get all the publicity for being new or having most accolades, but the rest drift off into obscurity after a while. It seems like TGCs theory of making money is by trying to get multiple sales from 1 deck, whereas you might make more money for everyone if the sales were spread amongst all your designers :confused:

Try having a randomly generated 'selection of the week'?

Also, like many people I didn't get that the new low price would be generated at the end of the week, it sounded more like when you crowd fund.

However, if I'd just bought a deck full price and then it went on special offer and I saw people getting it much cheaper the following week, I'd be very annoyed. This may in turn cause people not to buy it UNTIL they hope it goes on sale. This would not benefit the deck designer.

As for reviews, Tarot is waaaay too individual for reviews to mean anything. I look at the artwork, I either find it resonates with me, or not. I'd be happy to review decks, but I don't think my opinion would help anyone decide whether they like it!

Take the Fergus Hall Tarot of the Witches- the reviews on Amazon slaughter it- but it's still on USG catalogue after years and years, so obviously it makes them money, and I love that deck.

I agree with you that the Tarot landing page needs some work. It is on our todo list to redesign our entire shop later this year to make it more appealing and easier to find things.

As part of this thread this morning I just got a professional review organization willing to do reviews of Tarot decks for us. We'll be announcing that soon, so that's really cool.

We announce the sales well in advance of the sale week. For example, you can see the next 2 sales that are coming on this page: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/crowdsales

Therefore you shouldn't have any bitterness about missing out on a sale. You can sign up to be reminded when it begins.

I hope this info helps you.

Harmony Rose

The Game Crafter

Sent you a PM

tarotbear

I'm confused :confused: - I don't see where anything tells me HOW to get my deck into the Crowd Sale ... what am I missing?

tarotbear

Was just on the GC site - was told the decks chosen were 'hand-picked' and they are not 'accepting requests' at the moment so now I am even MORE confused! :confused::confused:

JT!