Le Tarot Tournant (Bill's Tarot) completed!!

decan

I discovered Le Tarot Tournant yesterday in another thread and I find it expressive and really beautiful!
Generally I am not wild about TdM style-like Tarot deck, but here we can feel the connection (with the elements) in the pip cards, there aren't cold or just decorative.
And the back is very nice as well.

Nemia

It's a beautiful deck, and I'd love to buy it.

About the book. I find e-books very practical for intuitive, non-linear reading - with inner links, you can really allow the reader to follow the line, circle or crazy shape of his/her thinking. Much better than in a paper book. All my recent tarot books have been e-books. I'm surprised that I prefer them to paper, didn't expect that when I started out.

I'll be following developments. This deck really deserves to be affordable for every reader. IMO, the RWS monoculture has become a bit too dominant (with all respect to the wonderful RWS-inspired decks out there!). I'm really happy to see decks that take a different direction.

starlightexp

Hi Nicky.

This, and more, is covered in the "book" version of Le Tarot Tournant.
I went to great lengths to create a book that is unlike any other book that I am aware of.
It is around 230 pages of text, illustrations, & diagrams in eleven small volumes.
I wrote the text to be very compact, so quite a lot of information is included.
My intention was not to simply supply answers and explanations.
I set out to find a different way of saying something.
I've referred to it as a "non-linear" book. You don't read it start-to-finish, or in any particular order.
Debra has characterized it as "immersed in a sea of symbols", but that is an oversimplification, and sort of denies the point somewhat.
Conclusions are reached by accumulation, rather than progression.
At the very least, it is a programmed sea of very, very carefully contrived water. And it's water that makes statements about water.
In other words, the book is an example of itself: It conveys information about the method of its own conveyance.
Anyway, I think the experience of the book is more important than any punchlines or revelations, though there are plenty of those in there too, for people who like that sort of thing.

I've met with a printer to discuss the possibility of producing a revised version of the book & deck that would be more affordable than the current handmade version.
But the production issues are complicated, and it involves coordinating three separate printers and a binder, so the estimates will take some time.
I don't yet know if it will be feasible. But at least I'm trying. And, it may lead to still other possibilities.

https://nopotatopress.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/nopotatopress

Where the bleep is the drool icon ?

I want the payment plan!!

Sumaya

Wonderful artwork, it really speaks to the soul.
I love the idea of having a deck without all the occultism of the later centuries, that's why I explore the TdMs.
This one looks like a great alternative to a classic TdM.
I hope this will be available as non-collectors-version. With shipping and import taxes in Europe it is very expensive to buy Tarot decks from the US.

OnePotato

Thank you decan, Nemia, starlightexp and Sumaya.
I appreciate your interest.

Sorry for my slow reply.

I'm sorry I haven't released a finished deck yet.
I'd hoped to make my public launch from here someday, but it seems that is not to be.

....I hope this will be available as non-collectors-version. With shipping and import taxes in Europe it is very expensive to buy Tarot decks from the US.

I've been working on this, but the book portion is expensive to produce, particularly in small quantities. And based on the feedback I've gotten, I've come to realize that the book portion really is indispensable. So I'll continue to seek a plan that will work for everyone. Thanks for your patience.

nicky

I make starlightexp empty his pockets when he leaves my house.... just sayin '

Nemia

I'd be happy with an e-book version. I read all my tarot books on my Kindle (or my Kobo desktop app), and that's a neat solution for people who suffer from International Shipping Syndrome ;-)

Is there a mailing list for people waiting for the Tarot Tournant to be released? Or will I continue to stalk your blog for that?

Much success! This is definitely one of the decks I'm wainting for!

MissChiff

Yes please add me to the list as well! It is going to be be a very special deck when you are done with it.

OnePotato

I'd be happy with an e-book version. I read all my tarot books on my Kindle (or my Kobo desktop app), and that's a neat solution for people who suffer from International Shipping Syndrome ;-)

Is there a mailing list for people waiting for the Tarot Tournant to be released? Or will I continue to stalk your blog for that?

Much success! This is definitely one of the decks I'm wainting for!

Thanks, Nemia!

I don't mean to sound difficult, but I can think of no simple way to translate the documentation into an e-book. It's not a simple text. All of the elements are deliberately designed as separate pieces, with movable/changing physical relationships to one another, (somewhat like a deck of cards,) so I'm afraid that simply reading the text in one long book would lose way too much of the message. I'll figure something out.

The best way to hear about any future release is on the blog/website.
I haven't been keeping a list of pre-orders because I don't yet know when/what the finished product will be.

Also, MissChiff & Dragonfly, thanks for your interest.
But please note: After tomorrow, Aeclectic screen names will be unreachable, so if you'd like to contact me, you can do it through FB or my website:
http://nopotatopress.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/nopotatopress