The Distant Past Tarot by Jeri Totten

Dee Ell

That's great to hear, thanks Le Fanu. I don't have a huge collection and have only bought different versions of the same deck twice before (Anna K self published and MM and German Von Waite pocket and standard). But this is such a beautiful deck and pleasure to work with, I couldn't resist the large size. It's a plus for me too that the card stock is different as feel less like like I'm buying the same thing again!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Aside from the difference in cardstock, the three sizes have different aspect ratios, so you'll actually see even more in the larger size art (literally, not just because it's bigger) than the other 2 sizes! ;)

I so wish I could afford this deck or justify adding it to my Christmas/birthday wishlist but there's so many other things I need now that I can't work anymore :( all that turquoise is so lovely though... sigh....

Le Fanu

Do you not have the deck Dee Ell? How do you know that about the ratios between sizes? By calculating from the measurements? How clever - I'd never be able to work that out!

Some of the images have been pulled slightly - you see it in the longer faces on a few cards - and oddly enough it doesn't bother me - it adds to the overall collaged/altered mix. Do you get this sense from looking at the scans on the site too?

jewel22

Hi All,
I am so pleased to hear that you are liking the deck Le Fanu! :)

The different card size images are all pretty much exactly the same -
because of the the way that I have reformatted the elements in the card images.
The smaller poker size does show a bit more side landscape because it is a tad wider in ratio,
but the main focus image remains the same across the sizes. :)

I didn't pull/stretch any images,
but instead redesigned each card image element to fit the different sizes.
Any long faces were in the original artwork that i used,
as i did not manipulate any dimensions so as to distort proportions.

This was such a fun deck to design and quite a journey for me!
I felt so honored as I worked on this deck as I felt the energies of the amazing artists that came before me.

I really appreciate all the support that this deck has received!!

CharlotteK

Hi All,
I am so pleased to hear that you are liking the deck Le Fanu! :)

The different card size images are all pretty much exactly the same -
because of the the way that I have reformatted the elements in the card images.
The smaller poker size does show a bit more side landscape because it is a tad wider in ratio,
but the main focus image remains the same across the sizes. :)

I didn't pull/stretch any images,
but instead redesigned each card image element to fit the different sizes.
Any long faces were in the original artwork that i used,
as i did not manipulate any dimensions so as to distort proportions.

I felt so honored as I worked on this deck as I felt the energies of the amazing artists that came before me.

It is a very special deck jewel22 and I feel very grateful to have it in my collection. It is one of two 'go to' decks I have when I really need kind support and to feel like I'm sitting down for a chat with an old friend who is going to tell me the honest truth but do it with love, compassion and a hug. For me it has a very beautiful energy. Thank you for bringing it into being :)

Le Fanu

This is a deck that has excited me at a time when I feel it's quite difficult for some new tarot energy to come along and surprise me. But surprise me it has. I think partly it's the colouring - the deck feels so vibrant and intoxicating. It isn't very easy to make classical art feel tarot-y, but this definitely works for me. I'm so glad I ordered it. I'd be very curious to see the other sizes but I just know that the large one will be the one I like the most!

There were a couple of cards I thought had been pulled slightly but I stand corrected that this is not the case. Thank you so much for such a wonderful deck!

Nina*

Yes, it comes from the same Hong Kong distributers as the Duck Soup decks (good as, weirdly, there's less likely to be a Customs charge coming from Hong Kong than the US) and (I think) Seven Stars decks. So if you have Mister Punch or the Deck of the Dead, it's that cardstock - less linen-y, but the same thickness. I'm very happy with it. Love everything about it.

As for customs... where did you order from, LF, Etsy or her own site?

Le Fanu

I ordered from her site. It came from Hong Kong like the Duck Soup decks and there were no Customs Charges. I've had packages from there before and never had problems at Customs. I think you'd like this one, Nina. It's quite unique.

Nina*

I ordered from her site. It came from Hong Kong like the Duck Soup decks and there were no Customs Charges. I've had packages from there before and never had problems at Customs. I think you'd like this one, Nina. It's quite unique.

Thank you, LF. :heart: It's certainly beautiful.

jewel22

It is a very special deck jewel22 and I feel very grateful to have it in my collection. It is one of two 'go to' decks I have when I really need kind support and to feel like I'm sitting down for a chat with an old friend who is going to tell me the honest truth but do it with love, compassion and a hug. For me it has a very beautiful energy. Thank you for bringing it into being :)

Thank you so much for your kind words Charlotte!!
I love the idea of it being like a chat with an old friend! :) :) :)
When I was creating the deck, I had no idea if anyone else would enjoy it-
so I love to hear how the deck reads for others!

jewel22

This is a deck that has excited me at a time when I feel it's quite difficult for some new tarot energy to come along and surprise me. But surprise me it has. I think partly it's the colouring - the deck feels so vibrant and intoxicating. It isn't very easy to make classical art feel tarot-y, but this definitely works for me. I'm so glad I ordered it. I'd be very curious to see the other sizes but I just know that the large one will be the one I like the most!

Thank you Le Fanu!
I am here on the coast of Florida and am influenced by the beautiful Gulf we have,
so I am always drawn to the peaceful blue, aqua and green hues. :)
The large size is my absolute favorite...
and easy on my older eyes :)