Artists Trading Cards

Colly34

Great!
I'd love the Hight Priestess if that's ok with everyone else?
Is it a first come first serve basis?

Colly

rebecca-smiles

Quote: rebecca-smiles

If you want to start a ATC deck.... like i've done with the ACEO, you need to set some rules and so forth, and start a new thread...... Just some advice....

BB
DraagonStorm

DragonStorm, I appriecate your advice, but really this all started out as an ATC project, and i accept that you took my place as co-ordinator in my abscence. But after moving the project that was forming to another thread and re-naming it as an ACEO (ATS which are open for sale) I found myself still wanting to do a full deck, not open for sale, but open to any interpretation and creative impulse, such as decorating backs, using materials other than card etc. That is why this has very few rules.

Would you like a card?

rebecca-smiles

I have jsut been negotiating with two spaces in Bath UK that could be the venue for an ATC exhibition. Last year we (me and my ma) co-ordinated and curated the UK's first international ATC project. We had one (not two as i thought) Tarot deck, one playing cards deck and an oracle deck as part of the exhibition. I am thinking that if we get enough interest then this deck could be placed in it. As ATC are not saleable, no artists work will be sold. would people be happy for this deck to appear inthe Bath Fringe festival in may/june?

Colly, indeed if you call it first, its yours! no need to ask, just announce your preferences.

Colly34

I have just posted this on another thread and thought it may be a good idea to post it here too:
I hope this is allowed, please forgive if I am breaking any forum rules, but I think this is worth repeating.

ATC's are artist TRADING cards and that's the main issue that they are traded not sold. It's a new and emerging art form as the emphasis is on exchange not on monetary value.
Stirnemann's idea was that the only way to get an atc was to make and trade an atc.
That is the main and important difference, it's about one to one interaction, about community, taking money out of the picture, as such it is a unique concept a dig in the ribs to the money driven art world.

ACEO's are seen by many as "jumping on the bandwagon" by those just interested in making money and ignoring the heart of the idea.

Look here for a more indepth explanation.

http://www.artist-trading-cards.ch/trading.html

I would just like to add that many people who make atc's would not sell their work as, in their view, this dimminishes the art form and cheapens it, some artists make cards to sell (the card them becomes an ACEO)

hope this helps! :)

Colly

rebecca-smiles

Thanks for that, collie. I know i brought the topic of ATC's here but i'm really not that good with definitions and history of the things.

I'm gonna continue this thread as a new thread, and if i may, Colly, Moderator, I shal quote your explanation on it so that the relevant description is at top, where every one can see clearly what this is about. Sorry about all the technical stuff.

I call it 'AT's ATC Deck project and Exhibition'

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=68191