Psycards Exchange Group: Follow Up Discussion.

DownUnderNZer

This discussion thread is for members that are participating in the Psycards Exchange Group over in the Oracle Readings forum.

This is for the current group (or anyone that uses them) to share anything about their personal experiences with the Psych cards.

Issues.
What worked or what did not.
Ideas.
Feelings on them.
What was easy/difficult.
Suggestions.
Predictive success or not.
Best types of questions.
What not to ask.
Intuitive versus Book meanings.
Do's and Don'ts.

Be good to see what everyone thinks or feels. :heart:

DownUnderNZer

Well, the WEEKLY reading was fun to do.....:thumbsup:

Good way to get a better feel for the cards as well as to deal with one card with the word:

""""NEVER"""". :bugeyed:

My imagination could not get passed it to mean anything else no matter how hard I tried!

And all I could think was:
Does it literally mean something is "never" going to happen or mean kind of a NO if someone wanted affirmation about something?!?

So glad that when I read up on it that there was a lot more to it in meaning and something I would never have connected to it.

Really rather like it actually. Cant wait to see what YES and NO mean. :heart:

danieljuk

I'm about to do my readings with this but I was interested also that on the official website they offer a whole page of stuff for each of the 'direction' cards. It also says that they throw people and you can leave those 4 cards out if you want, they are good for yes/ no type questions. I think I like them in the reading though!

this is the official blurb about them...

Some people find the Direction cards (No’s 1-4) confusing and they block the continuity and fluency of your reading. If this is the case take them out of the deck. They are valuable when you have to make a specific decision…

I guess they make it more tricky but shall see what comes up for my experience in the circle :)
I think you did really well interpreting it for a day for me. will give feedback on that afterwards ;)

DownUnderNZer

A "Direction card"?. Am so leaving it in...all of them. :D

I did give a flick through Friday as in reading the book as much as I could and tried it out on a friend on Saturday, but just a taste really. 3 cards and no spread. :)

That "direction card" threw me for a loop, but am so glad I got the challenge and to see the real meaning in context when I sat there all :bugeyed:

Good luck doing yours for strangebrew. :thumbsup: :)

I'm about to do my readings with this but I was interested also that on the official website they offer a whole page of stuff for each of the 'direction' cards. It also says that they throw people and you can leave those 4 cards out if you want, they are good for yes/ no type questions. I think I like them in the reading though!

this is the official blurb about them...

I guess they make it more tricky but shall see what comes up for my experience in the circle :)
I think you did really well interpreting it for a day for me. will give feedback on that afterwards ;)

DownUnderNZer

danieljuk...

I do not think I would be able to write a quarter of what you just wrote for INTUITION or INTUITIVE. Very very impressive. :thumbsup: But I am going to give it a go next time.

Actually, if we do do it next week, I want to tackle that and try it with different scenarios perhaps.

Also, can't wait to get TWO cards together that might add to the meaning like I saw in the book like LIBERATE & FATHER - To break free. That kind of thing.

Must say you are doing really well without a book that is for sure. But on the whole I think everyone's impressions are quite good really even without written meanings to go by which is rather cool. :)

danieljuk

when we discussing in that thread where you could get psycards from, I bought the book by Hobson from abebooks second hand! it was a good price! this was in May! I logged into my account to see where the book is and it had a deadline of arriving by the 20th July and it's past that now! so I contacted the book shop seller and they gave me a full refund instantly which is nice! but I still don't have the book. It's so annoying, so now going to buy it from the actual website for it. I do really want the book for it, to get more about it, even though the leaflet and website for it are good sources of info! I could have bought a pack of all parts of the system but now have to do 2 separate orders annoyingly.

I am getting into reading about Jung and his teachings and so the cards interest me. Using them intuitively worked better than I thought they would actually. In some ways finding your own meaning and then looking it up is a pain, you then start questioning them. why is that there? what does this mean? I did have issues with the cards, they didn't really flow for me. I think this is because I am not knowledgeable about Jung's ideas, only a beginner in his philosophy. They seem weird cards to me some of them but they do seem to work well in the readings!

I do think it's a system to go with your own intuition and feelings about the cards first, some of their takes are a bit strange. They don't explain why there is berries in the scales card at all for example. I would not recommend these cards to a beginner user of tarot and oracles, you need to know how to read symbols in cards and how to use them first I think.

This week has actually made me like them more! :thumbsup:

DownUnderNZer

Still trying to work out the "predictive" side to them.

Good for self development and guidance which is a plus, but would like to see if they can be used to predict in the real sense. :)

The PUZZLE card is growing on me more and more and I think, due to certain cards showing up more so than not this week, I am starting to grasp the FATHER & MOTHER cards as well as NEVER.

I really do like the Psycards so far. :heart:

DownUnderNZer

I do not regret getting the book and hope the one you have ordered comes to you this time and sooner rather than later. It really does add to a better understanding of each card although intuition is good too. Also, some cards are quite straight forward when you look at them which is great, but with the book there is more depth or a different unexpected twist.

:thumbsup:

when we discussing in that thread where you could get psycards from, I bought the book by Hobson from abebooks second hand! it was a good price! this was in May! I logged into my account to see where the book is and it had a deadline of arriving by the 20th July and it's past that now! so I contacted the book shop seller and they gave me a full refund instantly which is nice! but I still don't have the book. It's so annoying, so now going to buy it from the actual website for it. I do really want the book for it, to get more about it, even though the leaflet and website for it are good sources of info! I could have bought a pack of all parts of the system but now have to do 2 separate orders annoyingly.

I am getting into reading about Jung and his teachings and so the cards interest me. Using them intuitively worked better than I thought they would actually. In some ways finding your own meaning and then looking it up is a pain, you then start questioning them. why is that there? what does this mean? I did have issues with the cards, they didn't really flow for me. I think this is because I am not knowledgeable about Jung's ideas, only a beginner in his philosophy. They seem weird cards to me some of them but they do seem to work well in the readings!

I do think it's a system to go with your own intuition and feelings about the cards first, some of their takes are a bit strange. They don't explain why there is berries in the scales card at all for example. I would not recommend these cards to a beginner user of tarot and oracles, you need to know how to read symbols in cards and how to use them first I think.

This week has actually made me like them more! :thumbsup:

DownUnderNZer

I really like these cards in a way I wouldnt have thought!

Very different to any other oracle I know and nothing like Tarot. Very insightful on a Psychological level.

Love the "Direction" cards and although I havent selected ALL the cards yet ~ I do think that each cards target is on the mark.

Still not sure about the weekly reading concept, but ideal for guidance, seeing how a person ticks and for working on ones self.

I reckon I would use these in line with the Lenormand and Tarot. :)

danieljuk

My book order is officially lost and so reordered it from the website! I do want it and read the threads here and the Hobson book seems to be the best book overall. It looks like it does add to their use and so just waiting for it now!

It was interesting the 'never' card and the others do seem to work outside the yes/ no narrow area.

I do know someone who uses the cards as psychological analyse of themselves. It is probably the most psychological of any divination method but it does seem to work okay outside of that! I want to use it privately in my life for some psych work in future. Someone else described them as straight to the point recently too. I think that is true as well.