Clow Cards: Exercise #2

Satori

Well I thought I was working on the exercise I just posted, exercise #1. But instead I was sorting and grouping the cards. I just had to do it. I was compelled to do this.

Chronata in all of her wisdom and knowledge has posted previously that she sorts and groups her Clow quite often. And interestingly for me they fell into nice little troupes. So I won't write my experience right here, but I will in a moment.

For this exercise, which should probably be Exercise #1, but is now Exercise #2 please sort thru your cards and create your own unique order or arrangement for the deck. You may want to list the cards and the order in a journal. And then again, you may not!

Notice who wants to be with who, and which cards come together naturally as pairs or trios or who simply create their own categories all by themselves.

Then how do the packs or troupes want to be arranged in the pack?

So, do all of the winged cards go together?
What about the inanimate objects? Are they together or do the go with other cards?

Do any of the little kids go with the adults?

I noticed that there are little kids, big kids and bigger kids...how do they group up for you?

Let us know how you do with this one.

And again, don't look at the book to see how the book lists the cards. Group them according to your personal order for them, or the order that they request to be put in!

Have fun!!!

Satori

My First Sorting of the Clow

The Tools
The Lock
The Libra
The Move
The Float

The Little Critters
The Change
The Freeze
The Jump
The Dash

The Powers
The Thunder
The Fly

The Little Ones
The Power
The Little
The Cloud
The Storm
The Rain

The Helpers of the Little Ones
The Twin
The Bubbles
The Sleep

The Adolescents
The Flower
The Voice
The Mirror
The Watery

Loners
These are kids that wouldn't play with any of the other groups. For now, they are Loners.

The Arrow

The Mist

The Glow

The Big Kids
The Firey
The Erase
The Fight
The Shot-Near as I can tell, the only boy-person in the deck.
The Shot

The Forces
The Create
The Loop
The Wave
The Maze
The Illusion

The Shield

The Sword

The Ladies
The Through
The Dream
The Snow
The Sand
The Silent
The Light
The Dark
The Wood
The Windy
The Earthy

The Time

The Return

The Shadow
The Song
The Big

lilangel09

The Elementals/Ones close to the Earth
The Firey
The Earthy
The Wood
The Watery
The Windy

The Troubles
The Wave
The Illusion
The Shadow
The Maze

The Small Creatures
The Jump
The Freeze
The Change

The Sweet Ones
The Cloud
The Sweet
The Flower
The Sleep
The Glow

The Water-Associated Ones
The Rain
The Storm
The Snow
The Mist
The Bubbles

The Dangers
The Dash
The Shot
The Thunder
The Fly

The Guides
The Silent
The Mirror
The Dream
The Light
The Dark
The Return

The Tools
The Libra
The Move
The Create
The Float
The Sword*
The Shield*
The Lock
The Loop
The Nameless Card

*They are attached in their own little subgroup

The Daily Toils
The Little
The Big
The Sand
The Fight
The Arrow
The Time
The Through
The Twin
The Voice
The Erase
The Song
The Power

Satori

Hi Lilangel,
I was wondering how the sorting felt for you? I see you used some titles for your groups like I did. Toward the end I sort of petered out on the titles, but I have them in the order they wanted to be in anyway. I think I'm gonna sort again and see if they are happy the same way and play some more with the titles.

I was interested in your last group, the Toils. How did you come by that name?? Do you see them as worker bees? The word Toil sort of implies nasty work, or work that is not really enjoyed, perhaps drudgery or sort of boring...is that how you meant it??

lilangel09

I would categorize them as the 'suits' in Tarot. Everything that would come up in a normal day, the small challenges and the good times, but not the large ones. They're a more muted group. Individually the exert their own meanings strongly, but as a group I think I would see these cards everyday. They are the small joys and the small challenges. You haven't gotten into really really deep trouble yet.

I named another group The Dangers because they contain tricksters that can really get you into trouble, and you face some lions. Tricks can start out in good fun but tricks sometimes go wrong so you have to be careful when you get them. The Fly and The Thunder feel like powerful cards, they have a beastial majesty about them. I would never underestimate them.

Satori

Interesting because one website I found talks about the Clow as the minor arcana. And there are 52 in the red set right? Just like a pack of playing cards. Whereas the pink set has 53 if I'm not mistaken. The heart with wings right? I'd like to get my hands on a pink set. I have the red backs and the light purple on the illustrated side, which was my second choice.

My little girls seem to love the cards too. They are fun.

Chronata

I sort them a lot! LOL!

It will be fun to do this again!

But I will have to wait until I have more room!

So, I am placing this post here as a place holder...and will edit it when I get to this!

(and I will try not to look at your lists until I'm done!! hee!)

edited to add...last night (well, really more like this morning...)I sat on the bed and sorted..at first they didn't want to be sorted...

so I did them, at first, by color! (the little splash of color in each card...)
so there were catagories for Saphire, Emerald, Carnelian, Ruby, Onyx(no color) or Opal (different color) They were like teams! (Ruby being the largest!)

then, they were more malleable, so I sorted them in new ways...

the Storms
Storm, Thunder, Rain, Mist, Snow, Cloud, Windy

The Celestial
Sleep, Float, Voice

The Flora
Glow, Illusion, Bubbles, Earthy, Wood, Flower, Sweet

The Fauna
Freeze, Fly, Dash, Change, Jump

The Kinetic(moving)
Erase, Fight, Through, Wave, Shot, Loop, Move (and Fly, Dash, Jump!)

The Still (unmoving)
Return, Time, Light, Sand, Lock, Big, Shadow, Mirror, Little , Snow, Freeze, Change

The Spirits
Light, Dark, Dream, Create, Watery, Song, Fiery

Dualities
Twin, Libra

the Directions(this one was strange...have no idea why!)
Sword(East)
Maze(west)
Lock(North)
Shield(south)

and then the last group...all didn't quite fit anywhere else...so I called them their own group...so what do they have in common?

I decided to call them the Communicators!
Silent, Power, Arrow, Mirror

So that's my list for today...notice how some refused to stick to one group? LOL!

Lillie

I have caterorised these every which way.

Things with wings, things without wings.

Animate, non animate.

Elementala and weater types, doing things, actual things.

You name it. I have tried to categorise it.

And never have I been happy with the categorisation, never has it been the same twice.
So I don't want to put a list.
It would be like I was setting my opinion in stone, and with these it's not like that.

I can't categorise them and I really don't want to be able too.

It's like these cards free me from my need to categorise eerything, simply by resisting my efforts.

:)

Satori

Fun! Wow, love the list Chronata, and Lillie, no worries on the sort that didn't/wouldn't sort! I don't think mine is going to last long either...like Chronata said, it is something that evolves...

I think just looking for connections is really the whole exercise. How will they team up or fight each other in the readings. Which leads me to the reading exercise...think it is just about time to get going on it!

vanity

I just sorted them into pairs/trios last night. The pre-evolved form and evolved form made sense to me (I don't remember who thought it up though).

Pre-evolved -> Evolved

Fly -> Lock (had a bit of trouble with this one. But I reasoned that you had to be free before you could be caged.)

Maze -> Loop (you need to start and finish before you can continue in a cycle, a loop)

Sand -> Through (you need to be able to wade through your issues before truly being able to get "through" them)

Create -> Erase (Have to create something before you can erase it)

Twin -> Libra (be able to recognize two sides of the story before being able to balance them)

Glow -> Shot -> Firey (much like the blast of a gun. You see the glow of the power then hear the shot go off, then feel the fire of fear, adrenaline, pain, etc)

Earthy -> Wood -> Flower (Soil to trees to flowers of course, haha)

Cloud -> Sweet (small puff to larger puff, aha)

Voice -> Song (obvious)

Arrow -> Fight (you aim. then you begin. "look before you leap")

Wave -> Storm (I always pictured Storm as water-based. It begins with a small wave from a distance, but can end in a destroying tsunami)

Sleep -> Dream (you need to be able to be asleep before you can dream)

Mirror -> Illusion (reflections from mirrors can easily turn into illusions, exaggerated images you make up, especially when it's too dark to tell)

Light -> Dark (without the light, there would be no shadows)

Time -> Return (you need to be able to have time to 'return' to before you can go back to anything)

Move -> Dash (you need to begin to walk before you can run)

Jump -> Float (similar to above)

Snow -> Freeze (the temperature is much more mild when it snows, and much more harsher when it freezes)

Shield -> Sword (you need to be able to know how to hold your own before you can advance)

Change -> Thunder (you need to be able to know how to change yourself if needed before you can cause thunderous actions. e.g. being the 'right' kind of leader to stir a rebellion)

Silent -> Shadow (even those silent will make sounds. Shadows do not)

Little -> Big (obvious)

Windy -> Power (even being "overblown" can still give you the power to finish things that need to be done)

Bubbles -> Watery (mermaids! aha.)

Rain -> Mist (rain can cause mist)

anndddd yeah. A few of them are a stretch, though.