different court cards, same person ?

fotofile2002

I was wondering if court cards in different spreads about the same topic can signify different aspects of th same person. For example, I had my cards read back in September for a love reading using the Celtic Cross and the fianl outcome card was the King of Pentacles. I also had a coming love interest reading and the King of Wands was the card that signified the person coming into my life to describe his personality. I also did a Soulmate Search Spread and the Knight of Pentacles came up as the only court card in the spread.

Could these mean the same person, just different aspects of their personality ?

Thanks.

mnemosyne7

Absolutely! Think of how many "hats" you wear during a single day.

Personally, I'm a mom, paralegal, musician, Tarot counselor and teacher, and I have friends that are quite normal, and friends that are quite "alternative." (They're all friends in my book.)

While we all have a base personality that may be described by a single court card, we are also able to have other court card experiences to develop different aspects of our personality and our relationships.

Mnem

judylea1

kings and knights

Interesting, but if cards are interpreted to indicate a real person aren't kings a little older and more experienced than knights, pointing to a difference in age?

Michelle

judylea1 said:
Interesting, but if cards are interpreted to indicate a real person aren't kings a little older and more experienced than knights, pointing to a difference in age?

Yes and no (in my opinion) if you are reading for or about an immature 45 year old, they may come across as a Knight as opposed to a King. Or if you are reading for someone who is mature for their age they may come up as the 'older' court card.

paradoxx

I find that the Knight of pentacles and the knight of cups are similar in appearance (brothers, cousins, or two faces of the same person?). Similar situation with the kings of cups and wands.

bleu_bell

It can also show how the mood or energy of the person changes as they progress through the spread/situation. For instance, somone who wanted to ask you out but was too shy might come up as the knight of cups reversed or even the page but maybe as time goes by he gains the confidence needed to make that move and shows up later as the King of Cups.

knowledge griffin

I see it as mnemosyne7 does. It can signify the same person although you also have to use your intuition. It can also be that the different court cards are different aspects as previously mentioned but given to you in court card form and little by little.

KG

WalesWoman

Yes... different court cards can come up for the same person. I just read something about pages... they would be with local messages, passing notes, memo's, ... someone who enjoys a bit of gossip perhaps, nothing of great import because they are young, knights in training and have much to learn. So as a job it could be the someone working in a mail room... delivering messages and communications to various recipients. Bicycle couriers even... small town news reporter, tho that is travelling into the relm of knights with their trusty steeds.

Feminine cards can come up for males... perhaps they are going through an emotional time or are sensitive and intuitive to their surroundings and the people in their lives. Perhaps they are artistic and creative, making things from their elements. Queen Wands could be someone who builds creative, functional wooden furniture or carves bears out of a stump with a chainsaw. Queen Pents for a man would to me... show that he is extremely sensual and possibly indulgent, his senses are important to how he relates. Queen Swords might indicate a fertile mind full of clever ideas and inventive plans or even altruism... committed to the making the world a better place

Masculine cards can represent females as well... especially in areas of male dominated fields and competition... getting tough or courageous, single mindedly persuing goals and achievments of one sort or another. I would think that single mothers might have Queens and Kings in a reading to reflect the hats they have to juggle... so a 2 Pentacles or Temperance might show up with them.

A knight and a King... could be persuring some mission and having the maturity and authority to carry it out.... or an slightly immature tyrant control freak.

No one is ever exactly the same... we do have different roles and facets... each court reflects only a small part of who we are.