repetition

mingbop

i was reading for a friend, just 3 cards to ask if she was moving house or not. I got the hermit/king pents/king cups rev. I thought oh, god try again.....shuffled and cut. Got same 3 cards again. Shuffled and cut again. I coudlnt believe it--same 3 cards again!!
So I passed this on to her to think about, haven't heard yet. I've often had the same cards twice, but I canny mind ever having the same 3 cards 3 times ! I wasn't meant to miss this one !

Grizabella

I think she'll be staying where she is, from the look of the Hermit. King of Pents would lead me to believe that it's the best cost-wise for her to stay where she is, and the King of Cups reversed would seem to me to mean that she'd not be happiest if she moved. That's the off-the-top impression those three cards give me.

Ace

I would say that if you get the same cards three times, there is a message you must heed: this is the MESSAGE lady, don't try to find out anymore!

So stay with those three cards and puzzle it out: This is a person who must stay a while and see what her choices are, based on past history. Is she moving because it will be financially good? or because she wants to get away from a bad situation? depending on the answer to that, she needs to see how it came out last time she moved, if she has. But the answer is based on the idea that she did this before. That is IMHO.
Ace

MeeWah

The same 3 cards 3 times is a shouted & urgent message.

Hermit: Stay put & forget about moving. May not be for the best reasons or the timing off.

King-Pentacles: Practical considerations such as finances a priority. Moving does not appear to be financially advantageous.

King-Cups-R: May not be pleased with the assessment, but there ye have it. There could be a strong emotional aspect, which also seems to suggest not a good reason nor time upon which to base such a major life change.

mingbop

ok thanks all. i have told there there's nothing in the cards to suggest that a move is a goo didea at present . xxx mary

mingbop

Solved !

The king pents is her present husband--the king cups rev is her ex-husband. The present husband wants very much to move because the house they are in was the ex's. !! He didn't say anything earlier because he didn't like to appear petty . ... But the new house fell though so they will have to wait ! lolol God, I should just have asked the cards to explain further but I didn't. That will teach me eh !

Sophie

I have a question re: the Hermit in this reading.

Why do people think it means "stay put"? The Hermit is a wanderer, after all, and someone willing to challenge the status quo and find his own solutions - "follow his own drum" (ah - lantern!). Or were you thinking "safe in his hermitage"?

Might it not also mean - you need advice?

Well done for identifying the two kings, mingbop!

full deck

My take on the hermit

Helvetica said:
I have a question re: the Hermit in this reading.

Why do people think it means "stay put"? The Hermit is a wanderer, after all, and someone willing to challenge the status quo and find his own solutions - "follow his own drum" (ah - lantern!). Or were you thinking "safe in his hermitage"?

Might it not also mean - you need advice?
Do the wise wander?

Fools wander, perhaps, but I would tend to see the hermit as one on a fixed journey since the wandering of youth is behind them. This is more in the direction that I would interpret. I might even read this card as a sign that wisdom is needed here, for this question to be answered properly.

Thirteen

Not the "happy" wanderer....

Helvetica said:
The Hermit is a wanderer, after all, and someone willing to challenge the status quo and find his own solutions - "follow his own drum" (ah - lantern!).
Well, yes and no. The Hermit wanders out with his lantern, at night when he can be alone--but we all presume that when the sun starts to come up, and the world wakes up and people take to those roads, the Hermit will hie back to his hermit hole or house in the woods. A Hermit, after all, is by nature a bit misanthopic--not interested in dealing with people.

As unconventional as he is in his ways and thought, let's also understand that he's not really challenging the status quo. To challenge the status quo you really need to display your eccentricities, to stand on a soap box and say, "Down with the status quo!" So far as the Hermit's concerned no one needs to know how very strange he is. It's none of their business.

If no one knows you're challenging the status quo...are you?

Think about the Hermit crab who is called that because he doesn't grow his own home like most crabs--but rather finds discarded shells and inhabits them. A home is important to Hermits--even if it's an abandoned shack, even if its temporary. They are not, like the Fool, eternal, happy wanderers, content to sleep out-of-doors. When the road gets too long or crowded with people, a Hermit wants that isolated retreat. A place that is his, safe from strangers, and allowing him the solitude he craves.

I have to agree that the cards indicate that this woman should not sell her retreat, her safe place, her Hermit hole. If she's gotten the Fool--ah, then the message would have been to sell and move; the Fool loves wandering and traveling and meeting new folk under the bright, summer sun. But with the Hermit, you don't want to sell that home--it'll just force you to keep wandering out in the cold autumn and winter daylight among all those critical people, no place to hide, no place for peaceful solitude.