Knights Moving/Not Moving

Knight of Wands

Hey, I use the Universal Tarot, and I was just looking through my deck when I realised that i it the Knight Of Swords is flying forward, charging almost into battle, whereas the other knights look mobile and unmoving.

I can sort of understand this with the Knight of Cups, being trapped in their emotions etc. But i'm a bit confused about this, and was wondering how other decks show the knights moving/not moving.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Knight Of Wands

Thirteen

Messanger Knight or Kingly Knight?

Knight of Wands said:
Hey, I use the Universal Tarot, and I was just looking through my deck when I realised that i it the Knight Of Swords is flying forward, charging almost into battle, whereas the other knights look mobile and unmoving.
Well, if a knight is on horseback, they at least have the potential to move. I'd wonder why the knight of wands wasn't moving, but it makes sense for Cups and Pentacles to be taking a moment.Cups to gaze into his cup and decide where next to travel on his quest--where next to give his emotions; Pentacles to pause and consider the riches of the land, the work that needs to be done.

Swords would most certainly be charging into battle--that's what you do with swords. But I do wonder about Wands if he's not moving--wands like to travel and spread the energy.

As for other decks, I think it depends on whether the Knight is a "Knight"--serving King and Queen, or as a kingly knight. If you have the Princess, Prince, Queen and Knight Courts, then the Knights are seen as leaders, full of fire, and therefore, more active. They are more likely to be moving. If you have Page, Knight, Queen and King, then the Knights are seen more as messangers and are less likely to be moving--if standing still, it's rather like they're doing their job, either delivering the message, or checking things out so they can return and report.

Knight of Wands

Thanks thirteen! It's helped me understand more, but I am also agree with what you said about the wands, as I would expect then to move:)

KOW